New
Find
Notify
Tools

What happened to the Cellini Venus?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Okay, I fudged a little. The Cellini Venus about which I ask is the McGuffin of a delightful romantic comedy motion picture. "How to Steal a Million" (1966), starring Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole, was made in France and directed by William Wyler. The object appears to be a marble statue of a nude woman about 18 inches tall. While I anticipate it has little value beyond its status in the movie, I wonder where it is now - and whether it is available for sale.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
One never knows. I know that John Lennon's white grand piano that he used recording "Imagine" went at at auction for a lot less than I would have thought. Folks collect all kind of things. I found out recently that my old Snap-On calendars from the early 80's were worth over $80.00 each;great just show me who's paying + they are yours.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The falcon from The Maltese Falcon. Smiler

https://www.vanityfair.com/hol...f-the-maltese-falcon

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I hope that the SOB that stole my C-96 broomhandle Mauser in the case w/ shoulder stock,takedown/cleaning tool,stripper clips,+ 1914 Iron Cross gets an uncureable social disease.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote