WALTER'S OWN

Moderators: Walterhog
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whos says men don't like sented candles?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well that one is ok but do you know of one smelling like hoppes#9

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Funny- wife can't stand the smell of Hoppe's #9. Says she can smell it upstairs from my cave even with the door closed. I love the smell, and just about everyone I know who shoots does too.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hoppes Scent:that's cause it's designed to get you some peace and quiet without having to leave the house...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
You can buy Hoppe's #9 air fresheners online!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need to know where to get this stuff. The smell of burnt powder and/or Hoppes would make my day. Need a Hoppes candle in my office.

Posts: 9951 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:

you just made my day!

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Christmas gifts! Amazon doesn't remember me. Waiting for a password.

Posts: 9951 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:

YES Please where?

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bought the Hoppe's air fresheners. They are not that strong and the one in my truck doesn't fill the space with that magical scent.

But I like them nonetheless and they will be included in my Christmas cards to those who I think would appreciate them.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
My ex. always loved the scent of Hoppes #9 + swore it was a good cure for headaches. Also as an aftershave in that scent could cull the women you don't want in your dating life.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BlackHawk1
posted Hide Post
My wife loves the smell of Hoppes #9. A little #9 behind the ears and I'm good.... Cool

BH1

There are no flies on 6.5s!

Posts: 707 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 23 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Acclimation is a real thing and a good thing. Our current house is rather cramped so I was cleaning rifles in the kitchen while my wife of 33 years was cooking dinner.

She commented that the Hoppe's smelled rather good, as opposed to the Sweet's.