Find
Notify
Tools

Master List of Favorite Actors and Actresses
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Ok. For women, did we miss Lana Turner? Add her to the list. I just watched Betrayed and am now watching The Bad and the Beautiful.( Lana Turner, Kirk Douglas Walter Pidgeon, Dick Powell) She also starred in Bachelor in Paradise, Peyton Place, Madame X, The Postman Always Rings Twice, Latin Lovers and Two Girls on Broadway.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
She was a doll. Also, Carole Lombard, who died way too young. Broke Clark Gables heart.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also, Carole Lombard, who died way too young. Broke Clark Gables heart.

Yes, Lombard died up on Potosi Mountain just southwest of Las Vegas a few miles. Part way up the area, there's a Boy Scout Reservation there that we would take our scouts to for summer camp and where we did our Wood Badge Courses at. You could climb up to the site.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Annette Bening.

Posts: 9951 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didn't she marry Warren Beaty after they did the movie "Bugsy"? (after Ben Seigel + the birth of Vegas)

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another one. Nina Foch. Did we also ever mention Glenn Ford?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hadn't thought of Glen Ford in ages. Last year on TCM I rewatched 'The Blackboard Jungle" with Sidney Portiae + Vic Morrow as punk kids.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys: I will post a comprehensive list with everyone’s suggestions this weekend for both male and female thespians.

Posts: 10606 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2 tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great, that should be fun.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I like Mark Sullivan, the Mark of Death. From the number of posts on Buffalo hunt with Mark Sullivan, many will agree with my choice.

Shooter

Posts: 618 | Location: Mossyrock, WA | Registered: 25 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a kid, I collected autographed pictures of actors that I wrote to + requested. I have/had one to me from Johnny Weissmuller as well as many others in a photo album before my divorce when after the fact I found out that even though she got a rich settlement, she needed another pound of flesh + stole my album. I couldn't prove it of course but 2+2=4. Thank God that she didn't get my Stan Laurel, giving me blessings.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have/had one to me from Johnny Weissmuller as well as many others in a photo album before my divorce when after the fact I found out that even though she got a rich settlement, she needed another pound of flesh + stole my album. I couldn't prove it of course but 2+2=4.

Man, that's about as low as it gets! I had a fanatical fly fishing friend who ended up in a divorce and his wife took all of his fly fishing equipment. There's some sad SOBs out there!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duke Wayne,
Humphrey Bogart,
Sir. Alec Gunnies,
Peter O’Toole,
Claude Rains,
Kirk Douglas,
William Holden,
Rock Hudson,
Robert Shaw,
Stewart Granger,
Client Eastwood,
Robert Duvall,
Gene Hackman,
Henry Fonda,
Robert Mitchum,
Richard Burton,
Sean Connery,
Al Pacino,
Robert Dinero
And
Brad Pitt. Yeah, I like his work.
Lon Chaney, Jr.
Phillip Seymour Hoffman ,
Gary Oldman
Matthew McConaughey,
Max Von Sydow,
Jeffery Rush,
Russell Crow,
Paul Newman,
Mel Brooks,
George Burns,
Takeshi Kitano,
Toshiro Mifune,
Rex Harrison,
George C. Scott,
James Mason,
Peter Sellers,
Rod Steiger,
Sidney Poitier,
George Sanders,
James Dean,
Anthony Quinn,
Omar Sharif,
Oliver Reed,
Jeremy Irons,
Mel Gibson,
Danny GLover,
Bruce Willis,
Tommy Lee Jones,
Robert Duvall,
Tony Curtis,
Ewan McGregor,
Johnny Depp,
Val Kilmer,
Sam Rockwell,
Robin Williams,
Tom Hardy,
Christopher Waltz,
Nicholas Cage,
Robert Redford,
Kevin Kostner,
Tom Selleck,
Chris Pine,
Steve McQueen,
Gene Hackman,
Idris Elba,
Gary Cooper,
Lee Marvin,
Ernest Borgmine,
Burt Lancaster,
Eli Wallach,
Alan Hale,
Eugene Pelette,
Lon Chaney,
Walter Huston,
Warren Beaty,
Mickey Rooney,
Thomas Mitchell,
Victor McLaglen
Peter Lorre,
and
Glen Ford.

You will have to give me another week to list all female actress submitted. If I doubled up anyone's name forgive me.

Posts: 10606 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quite a listing + good actors all. Thinking about Richard Burton, in the biography book "Hellraisers" he was doing Elizabeth Taylor while she was still married to Eddie Fischer. Eddie calls home one day + Dick answers the phone, Eddie asks what he's doing there + Burton replies, "What do you think? I'm fucking your wife."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Brad Pitt. Yeah, I like his work.

That explains a lot.... Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So, what about his performance in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood; Legends of the Fall, In Glorious Bastards, River Runs Through It, Fight Club, Snatch, Fury, Meet Joe Black, and Oceans franchise do you find objectionable or poor?

Last time I heard Brad Pitt owned a lot of guns, if he did not sell them off after he broke from Angela Jolie.

I could be totally hopeless and have offered Charlie Chaplin or James Franco. I hate James Franco’s face. Chaplin, mmm, we know his politics. Politics aside, I am not a fan of silent films by and large. The Great Dictator is important, but not deep enough. The resolution with the Dictator simply being mistaken for the Jew just does not work for me. I do believe Chaplin to be important.

I did add Robin Williams.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also added Wallace Berry. Google him. South China Sea with Gable and Treasure Island among many others. He was at one time the highest grossing actor in Hollywood.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good adds regarding Wallace Berry and Robin Williams. Regarding Brad Pitt, I have admired his acting in many movies including the ones you have listed and others such as Troy. Big Grin Furthermore, as to the list, we need to add Lon Chaney, Jr. I previously discussed some of his movies and nominated him to the list. He is the son of Lon Chaney and the two are not one and the same.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lon Chaney Jr, is on the master list.

Sorry I missed him.

Are we adding or excluding The Little Tramp? My vote exclude as he is important but not great.

What about Micky Rooney

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mickey Rooney would be great to add. I've never had any love for Chaplin. Your call. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mickey Rooney has been added:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Barack Obama has been one of the greatest actors of our generation.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27589 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter Lorie was more of a leading man that President Obama.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
yuck

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Did you mean Peter Lorre?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27589 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that's what he meant. Did you ever see the 1930 movie "M" in German where he is a child killer stalking the streets of Berlin?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes to Boom Stick. And No to Norman Conquest. Is it subtitled?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
James Cagney
Edward G Robinson
Humprhey Bogart
Errol Flynn
John Wayne
Henry Fonda
James Stewart
Gary Cooper
Robert Micthum
Kirk Douglas
Burt Lancaster
Gregory Peck
Charlton Heston
Paul Newman
Clint Eastwood
Gene Hackman

Some of the support actors being Walter Brennan, Burl Ives, Jack Elam plus plenty whose name I can't think of but inariably in Westerns.

I don't go much on the more modern stuff but probably Al Pacino.

I have well over a 100 movies I have bought on Google Play and iTunes and only two of them were made later than the 1970s, Apollo 13 and Erin Brocovich. A lot of movies I have not bought was because they are on one or twice a year on one of our TV stations. Rio Bravo, El Dorado, The Alamo etc are on Tv a couple of times are year.

For thw women, probably Maurenn O'Hara, Olivia de Havilland, Jean Simmons are three that come to mind.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LHEYM, yes + you can find it in the Kino Loubre or Movies Unlimited catalogs.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I looked it up in my moviesunlimited.com magazine. It was Fritz Lang's 1st "talkie" picture", Circa 1931. It got great accolades about its darkness in theme as well as the foggy nights, but what would one expect from a psychotic child murderer stalking the night-time Berlin streets? They have it for $7.99.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
John Ratzenberger. He played Norman Conquest AKA Cliff Claven on Cheers.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My many thanks for your accolades, Ed, but I REALLY can not accept the Oscar!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norman Conquest, would it not be a prime time Emmy?

We may have to start a thread for tv stars. However, tv stars are actors as well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We may have to start a thread for tv stars. However, tv stars are actors as well.

Let's get our master list of actresses posted first. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DocEd:
posted 02 September 2020 09:09 Hide Post

"My many thanks for your accolades, Ed, but I REALLY can not accept the Oscar!"

C'mon now. Don't be coy. No one who posts as many informative posts, on nearly every subject offered up on AR, as well as the reigning authority on a plethora of subjects, all the while serving as the head critic of every post in the humor section, could be denied the Oscar for the "Outstanding portrayal of Cliff Claven by a male reader". Just humble yourself and accept the award like a man.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
quote:

Let's get our master list of actresses posted first. Big Grin

I will Boss. I got assigned a brief. So, maybe this weekend. However, I will.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will Boss. I got assigned a brief.

Been there done that my friend. After 38 years of practicing law, I fully understand your predicament. I've been in it a few times. No rush. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cary Grant in "Arsenic + Old Lace". Gregory Peck in "12 O'clock High". The list is legion! Wink