The Accurate Reloading Forums
Master List of Favorite Actors and Actresses

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5221043/m/7801045952

05 March 2021, 09:12
LHeym500
Master List of Favorite Actors and Actresses
The more serious fight in The Cowboys. From the first punch to the shooting.

On my worst day, I could still beat the hell out of you.

Then he breaks the antagonist noise for real.
05 March 2021, 21:07
Use Enough Gun
tu2
06 March 2021, 08:52
NormanConquest
Oh yeah, I loved that scene as well. An interesting bit of trivia, after the movie hit the theatres, Bruce Dern was driving down Hollywood Blvd. + gets pulled over by the cops who immediately tell him to roll out + hit the ground while covering him with shotguns ( + as the story goes, the one cop says, oh yes, please move you SOB.)The arresting officer says I know that I've seen your face, may be on the wall at the P.D., I don't recall but you're bad news. Bruce Dern says, Have you been to the movies lately. He then said that he assumed that anything he said would be wrong as he was the guy who had killed John Wayne.

Never mistake motion for action.
07 March 2021, 03:46
LHeym500
As long as we are doing Duke lines. My favorite line, I cried when I heard it as a child:

“I am an old man. Afraid of the dark.”

Shootist. I knew when I first watched it, it was his last film. Don’t know why, seemed so true, so human.
07 March 2021, 07:23
NormanConquest
Indeed, it was quite prophetic. I have heard the rumor also that Jimmy Stewart was having dementia issues at the time + had to be hypnotized his lines. I don't know if that's true. I did like his line though, "I'm not a brave man but you are, + if I were you I would not die a death that I just described."

10 March 2021, 07:18
Katherine Hepburn.
She epitomized femininity in my mind.
10 March 2021, 08:21
NormanConquest
The Philadelphia accent as well.

11 March 2021, 05:46
LHeym500
If you look at my crater coffee post,

All I can say is, “Iced Tee.” In Australian accent.
17 March 2021, 09:01
NormanConquest
I have always liked Paul Newman, no only for his acting, which I enjoy, but also for his character in real life. In the Hollywood scene where infidelity were a common thing he stayed faithful to Joan Woodward, an admirable trait. Not to mention his later life contributions to the grocery industry in his line of products that finance charities. I think him a good man. Also although not an old time actor I really like Tom Selleck.

17 March 2021, 09:07
NormanConquest
Oh + BTW, I just read that "Dame" Diana Rigg has passed. I loved her in the 60s as Mrs. Emma Peel.in "The Avengers". Following Honor Blackman, Rigg was the sterotypical sex kitten (spandex leotards), along with martial arts skills + a brain. I loved the show. RIP Dame Diana.

17 March 2021, 23:18
LHeym500
I am watching cat on a hot tin roof for the first time tonight.
18 March 2021, 02:26
Use Enough Gun
The more that I watch movies with Elizabeth Taylor or with Paul Newman, the more I appreciate their acting. I just watched a TCM evening of some of Taylor's movies, starting with National Velvet. And, yes, Tom Selleck is the real deal. I was at Butch Searcy's one time picking up one of my double rifles when Tom called Butch to discuss the details of the build of a single shot rifle that Butch was making for him. I've also met Selleck at the SCI Convention, along with his brother who looks remarkably like him. Good people for sure.
18 March 2021, 08:47
NormanConquest
I totaly agree; I have the greatest respect for those that are the "Real Deal".

18 March 2021, 16:29
DocEd
Then there's your hero John Ratzenberger.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level
19 March 2021, 08:32
NormanConquest
Hey ed, why don't you go + try the impossible task of self impregnation, you bitter old fart.

19 March 2021, 08:52
LHeym500
I know he had been in films, but I consider John ratzenberger to be a tv actor.
19 March 2021, 16:06
DocEd
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Hey ed, why don't you go + try the impossible task of self impregnation, you bitter old fart.

23 out of 25 posts on this page were replied to by Cliffy. The man has something to say about everyones posts. A true wannabe and an expert on every subject. He even comments on other peoples ads for Christ sake!

You, Cliffy, are a funny old man.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level
10 April 2021, 05:39
Jefffive
If Henry Fonda and Claudia Cardinale aren't on any such list it tells me nobody has seen Once Upon a Time in the West.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump
10 April 2021, 11:03
LHeym500
We got Henry Fonda from the opening bell. I just watched him Best Man.
10 April 2021, 11:23
Jefffive
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
We got Henry Fonda from the opening bell. I just watched him Best Man.

That's a relief Cool

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump
13 April 2021, 16:45
eezridr
Robert Duval.
Morgan Freeman
Harrison Ford
Tom Hanks

There were a lot of "Heavies" that I cannot recall their names. Made good Bad guys!
14 April 2021, 08:50
NormanConquest
Speaking of Henry Fonda, I recommend the movie "Never Give An Inch" that also equally starred Paul Newman, (forget Michael Sarazine) in the the screen adaptation of Ken Keysey's "great American novel" written with the title "Sometimes a Great Notion". I may be biased but I'm right in saying that I have never seen a bad Paul Newman movie.

14 April 2021, 08:57
NormanConquest
eezrider, the lead "bad guy" is Bruce Dern; hey he killed the Duke in "The Cowboys." The story going around at the time was after the movies release Bruce was driving down Wilsher Blvd. + the P.D. pulls him over + with an 870 tells him to roll out + hit the deck + then said, "Oh just please move you SOB" I've seen you picture somewhere, the most wanted list, etc. Bruce says "Have you been to the movies lately?"

23 April 2021, 09:02
NormanConquest
Tonight I am watching AGAIN for the umpteenth time "The Hustler" w/ Paul Newman , Jackie Gleason, + George C. Scott. A great movie from the early 60s.

23 April 2021, 22:36
LHeym500
I watched Elizabeth and Essex and The Producers last night.

This is an example of Smartness here.

Hitler could paint an entire apartment in one afternoon, two coats!

We were Naaaazis.
24 April 2021, 09:14
NormanConquest
Don't be schtupid,
Be a schmartie,
Go + join the nazi party.
I still love the Rockettes ballroom style in Springtime for Hitler! Big Grin

08 May 2021, 09:34
NormanConquest
You have to admire Mel Brooks for his talent on bringing humor out of horror. And as we know, by race he WAS involved.