Tools

What on earth....?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Vielleicht some of our Deutsche Freunden can "splain 'dis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRsqZL7u9Ug

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16326 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Too much free time and alcohol.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can you say, Like watching paint dry. Big Grin

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Ich habe keinen worten.....

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Warte mal, there's more!

hilbily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7hIotQb05c

– John Green, author

Posts: 16326 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Just another day in Bavaria.. clap

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Kinda reminds me of the scene where the SD are beating the crap out of the bar owner in 'Cabaret'.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Bill
You have not made the acquaintance of a local Native American or Bruja that is teaching you about the flora, fauna and cactus of the region have you? fishing

Referencing what one may find in certain "medicinal" properties in the cacti.

Surely those "dances" are based on some mind altering substances.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
No, TC, but the cacti are teaching me, and they are stern lecturers!

hilbily

– John Green, author

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Just a little concern for a fellow AR member and the entertainment choices one can find in Alamogordo.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The cacti are stern lecturers indeed. My kids grew up here in the prickly pear capital of central Texas. It was a constant battle as they refused to wear shoes in the summer = ran roughshod over everything (including cactus)Then one brother would push another into the cactus patch.We would have to lay them facedown on the work bench + use hemostats on the big ones;now here is helpful hint # 101. For the tiny hair spines,get a piece of duct tape + roll it stickey side out around your hand;then you can pull all the tiny spines out if you get to it right away.In the beginning the duct tape is stronger than the flesh adhereing to the spine;catch it quick + you will get them all out + tell the crying kid to just shut up.They will do it again of course.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
The cacti are stern lecturers indeed. My kids grew up here in the prickly pear capital of central Texas. It was a constant battle as they refused to wear shoes in the summer = ran roughshod over everything (including cactus)Then one brother would push another into the cactus patch.We would have to lay them facedown on the work bench + use hemostats on the big ones;now here is helpful hint # 101. For the tiny hair spines,get a piece of duct tape + roll it stickey side out around your hand;then you can pull all the tiny spines out if you get to it right away.In the beginning the duct tape is stronger than the flesh adhereing to the spine;catch it quick + you will get them all out + tell the crying kid to just shut up.They will do it again of course.

thats actually an accepted medical proceedure. i learned it in far west tx.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunting in Wy, I jumped a mulie out of a little gully. I sat down for a steady shot. And sat right in a batch of prickly pear. We were way the Hell and gone, and my buddy, bless his heart, pinched the spines out using two nickles as tweezers.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well John C. we never knew it ,just figured it out in our country kind of way. OH + BTW,we always use duct tape to cap a flow. C'mon,I have a sheet metal shop;people will get cut.I came to find out that the duct tape mfg. ( Poliken)makes medical bandages..... hmmm,perhaps something in their glue? I am here as a witness that over the last 40+ years I have had wounds that ordinarily would reqiure hospital care but was cured by duct tape.I still several rolls around because they DO work.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a funny one. well deserved bastard too.

Back in '76 five convicts escaped the CO state pen. Three were killers. They stole one of Dad's pickup's. He watched 'em while having the sheriff's office on the phone.

They went east and dropped the last two off and the driver headed back by the house. One of those many mile long cross country ditches 15' wide and 8' deep. Two miles West of the house a deputy just about met the guy. Then chased him a couple miles hoping he'd drown it. instead he missed a curve and ran across the prairie dropping it into the head of a gulley. He got banged up and got out to start crawling across the pasture and ended up face down in a big patch of pear cactus. About that time the deputy got there and mostly stood on his back for a long time until backup got there.

Bean was his last name, another got to Kans City and killed two guys before they were all five rounded up. Massey was the one that killed those and some prior to their escape.

The most disappointing part of the whole deal was. He hit that gulley less than 1/4 mile from a bluff that would have dropped him about 150 feet to the Arkansa river. Some people do get lucky.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I got the giggles Bill. It reminded me of the scene in European Vacation with Chevy Chase Big Grin

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Tony, one almost wonders if their heads are shaped like their hats. The Germans are not especially known for their sense of humor, eh?

hilbily

– John Green, author

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Those crazy Germans rotflmo

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,that reminds me of a copy of a 1976 National Lampoon called "unwanted forigners".They attacked every race,but on the Germans was partially said was,Vicious,non humorest, clappers in union,have the need to go to war every 20 years or so;their women wear their legs upside down. Good points,they kill many french.If you can find a copy it is hilarious.The krauts are really getting off light y how they describe the other races.