Notify
Tools

British actors portraying Americans and vice versa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
“Coming from a lot who have no history, no culture”

Saeed:

You never miss an opportunity to throw out some anti-American propaganda.

What you ought to do is boycott anything and everything American. That
would really prove a point?

Didn’t you live here for several years? You must have been miserable.

Posts: 2638 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The ones that impress me are Australians who convincingly portray Southeners,

like: Damon Herriman who player "Dewey Crowe" on the TV series "Justified"

Or

Rachel Griffiths An Austrlian who usually plays a Texas/Southern girl
Like the wife of Jim Morris in "The Rookie" or the Mother of Desmond Doss in "Hacksaw Ridge

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
Saeed kinda on + off the subject,but have you ever read "The Seven Pillars Of Wisdom" by T.E. Lawrence?This is an honest enquiry w/ no ax to grind.If not I recommend it highly. I also must say that David Leans movie "Lawrence Of Arabia" was the most true to form as books to movies go that I have ever seen. (albeate his buggery from the turks was only a beating).O'toole even looks like him,+ his passion for the House Of Saud to take ownership over their land from the Ottoman turks is very well done. (Then the dealings w/ Allenby + the Brits,but that's another story.One of my favorite movies + once again because it actually follows his writings so closely.

I have not read the book, but seen the film.

Typical bloody Brits.

No one could trust them!

They went and gave Palestine to the new Nazis, the Zionist!

And look where it got us!
I won't bother repeating for the third time a brief history of Jews, regarding which are "the new Nazis" - you know the one I mean, the one to which you are unwilling to respond. . . . Please refer to some of your other equally inflammatory remarks from years ago, when I paid more attention to your posts. At this point, you are tiresome rather than offensive.

Nevertheless I feel comfortable complimenting you for creating and maintaining this web site.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1496 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Naphtali:
And returning to my original query . . .

Cultural Appropriation?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14332 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Kinda along side the reply that Willie Sutton said when he was asked why he robbed banks. "Because that's where the money is."

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DannoBoone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams:
Surprising how many and going back to silent film days.
Grizz

Would love to see all the "awards" shows go silent! dancing

Our independence is dying.

Posts: 565 | Location: Walker, IA, USA | Registered: 03 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
They are for me;I don't watch them.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote