Find
Notify
Tools

I am tired...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am really tired.

I am really friggin' tired! of all this snow.

Wednesday morning it starts to snow. Global warming at work...

I shovel the driveway and sidewalk off about noon.

Wife comes home from work about 5:30 and says "I thought you were going to shovel..."

I say "I did".

She says "you can't tell".

About ten that evening it has stopped, so I shovel again.

Next morning (yesterday) she says "I thought you were going to shovel last night."

I says "I did."

She says "you can't tell..."

Yesterday afternoon about 5:30 she comes in from work and says "I thought you were going to shovel the walk and driveway."

I says "I did."

She says, "you can't tell."

Last night about 10:30 I shovel everything off again.

This morning she says "I thought you were going to shovel..."

I says, "I did."

She says "you can't tell...".

I walked out after she left, and she's right, you can't tell.

I quit!!

I got a black FJ Cruiser, but you can't tell what color it is for all the snow. It has a six inch roof rack on it. You can't tell...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Snow . . .SNOW? ? ?

Maybe it is because you live up Nort in IDEEHO

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
North of y'all, but just west of Boise, SW Idaho.

And it's 17-degrees outside.

The streets all look like ice rinks...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I take a bit of pleasure Emailing my relatives in Okla. and Nebr. about walking around wearing my cut off blue jeans and polo shirt on days like you're having.
They are to far away for me to see the single finger salute.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arkypete:
I take a bit of pleasure Emailing my relatives in Okla. and Nebr. about walking around wearing my cut off blue jeans and polo shirt on days like you're having.
They are to far away for me to see the single finger salute.

Jim

Hahaha!

Have a friend visiting from Kenya staying with us.

Went around the yard looking at all the animals and birds, then went down to the shooting range and had some fun shooting handguns, then we went out for lunch.

All in shirt sleeves beer

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
go ahead, rub it in...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Idaho Sharpshooter you are not alone, we having strong wind and lots of rain down here lately and its driving me nuts! Indoors is not my idea of fun if she nags the whole time Wink

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
lal,

it's 18-degrees fahrenheit. I could put up with hillary if the temp were in the eighties!

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Well,this "arctic bomb" all the weather commentators have been remarking on must have hit us here in AZ too!

For the last couple of days I have been wearing a jacket when I go outside. Day before yesterday the high was only +82°F. Yesterday the high was even colder...+77°. Both are below normal...and they are predicting mid-60's next week for a couple of days before it warms back up again. Sorry I gave away that nice Woods brand down parka when we moved here.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did anyone notice, the key to this posting is "my wife gets home from work". That is perfect.

Posts: 179 | Location: northern Arkansas | Registered: 14 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why do I get the impression that the kid is single...?

Oh, yeah, Boise State started the football game at 8:30pm last night. It was nine-degrees.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, maybe a little "heated discussion will help warm you up Rich. Like I said in my "Why I live in Arizona" thread on the Miscellaneous forum, I've never had to shovel heat, though when I lived farther north I had to shovel 'way too many tons of snow over the years.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't even like pictures of snow!

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ummmmmmmmmmmm, I've never had to bail anybody out with "Coldstroke"...

One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
It's been close to 50% for the last week,,we launched the boats again. I would love -10 and a foot of snow,, starting now!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
here it's 6 - but at least it's 6 above

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
-10 here this week.

I hope you feel good about yourselves Roll Eyes

Guess I'll put another log on the fire..

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
an even Zero here at the moment...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I doubt you will get much sympathy from the Buffalo, NY members. They measure snow by the foot not the inch!

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CoyoteKiller82
posted Hide Post
Quite a crazy start to our winter North of the border. Where I live...we've had a bit of snow, less than an inch though. 50 miles East or West, they have almost a foot.

Temps have been cold & windy so no craziness there, other than it's supposed to be 34F on Saturday when it's usually around 0 F this time of year.

Go figure!!

Posts: 504 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 03 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
ummmmmmmmmmmm, I've never had to bail anybody out with "Coldstroke"...

FYI Rich, here are some statistics:

"The number of hypOthermia-related deaths, by sex, in the United States during 1999-2011. From 1999 to 2011, a total of 16,911 deaths in the United States, an average of 1,301 per year, were associated with exposure to excessive natural cold.

The highest yearly total of hypothermia-related deaths (1,536) was in 2010 and the lowest (1,058) in 2006. Approximately 67% of hypothermia-related deaths were among males."

On the "heat" side..."During 1999--2003, a total of 3,442 deaths resulting from exposure to extreme heat were reported (annual mean: 688). For 2,239 (65%) of these deaths, the underlying cause of death was recorded as exposure to excessive heat; for the remaining 1,203 (35%), hypErthermia was recorded as a contributing factor. Deaths among males accounted for 66% of deaths and outnumbered deaths among females in all age groups (Figure). Of the 3,401 decedents for whom age information was available, 228 (7%) were aged <15 years, 1,810 (53%) were aged 15--64 years, and 1,363 (40%) were aged >65 years."

You will no doubt notice that double the number of deaths occur in the U.S. each year from excessive cold than from excessive heat.

So, I'll continue to live in the heat with my air conditioner set at 75°...less risk of death from the ambient temperature here than where there is ice and snow, plus, I don't have to shovel the heat.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saw a photo from someone in the snow area. After just returning from Bermuda ! 8 people shoveling off about 6' of snow !! Houses in that area have to have roofs 4 times stronger than standard snow load strengths ! ..Very nice summers though !!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
48-degrees about the time we got out of church this afternoon. Snow is almost all gone.

I feel better now...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
50-degrees. Crazy days. I got the HD out after lunch and went for a ride.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to live in northeastern Wisconsin. For me, winter snows typically started falling in October and continued to fall until May.

Low temperatures were also the norm, with many opening days of deer hunting in November spent trying to keep warm in single digit or negative number cold...

After 52 years of that, my wife and I looked at each other and said, the kids are gone, the dog is dead, we don't snowmobile, ice fish or ski, so WHY in the hell are we still living here?

We moved 750 miles or so south to northwestern Tennessee where instead of six months of winter, we have six weeks of whining about it. And I even take my HD out for a New Year's Day ride every year.

That move was the best thing we've ever done with our clothes on.....

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good move. When I emigrated from Soviet occupied Illinois to Idaho in 1978 my family was sure I would:

a. freeze to death in a blizzard

b. be eaten by a bear

c. be scalped by indians.

For three years they kept track of the winters here VS theirs. They had more days below freezing, more days below zero, and more school closure days due to icy roads, etc.

The bear/indian thing never materialized either.

Tennessee is pretty country, but I like the 20%+/- humidity here.

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I gotta get there one day. Was supposed to do a loop, Yakima, tricitiys, Boise, Spokane,

Now that Wa has become Calif north, that is out of the pic.

Posts: 6380 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
let me know. I can give you my cell number and take you to lunch and the Elmer Keith display at Cabela's in Boise.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is an early winter for most of the U.S. this year...even we have been feeling it. It's been so cold at night for the last week that I've had to turn the electric blanket up to "4" at night (1=lowest setting, 5=highest)and put the down comforter on the bed. Its even been down below 60°F for a low on a couple of those chillers. But yesterday the daytime high went back up to about 76° or 77°, and the overnight low was about 66°. Today the high is supposed to be about 80°...and tomorrow is predicted to be 82°. Ahhh...perfect short-sleeved shirt weather, though I have had to start wearing a T-shirt under it to keep warm...

One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Neighbor has a house in upstate ny. about an 1 1/2hr north. Her chickens started molting in early October. Portends an early harsh winter.

Posts: 6380 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well the predicted temps for this past week were wrong. Actual official temps were
87° on November 26
84° on Thanksgiving Day
82° on Black Friday...
So I am back (for a few days at least) wearing thin cotton short-sleeved shirts, with no T-shirts under them.

It has been a nice dry air too...a few days of the past week the dew point has been down to 14°.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm beginning to dislike this warm weather stuff...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And, yesterday it was warm enough to take the HD out for an hour ride.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And it's supposed to be 70° or so for daytime highs all the coming week here. 77° Wednesday... (Ooohh, the trauma...)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
AC,

this sort of wr, weather gloating thing leads to playing golf if one is not careful...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
AC,

this sort of wr, weather gloating thing leads to playing golf if one is not careful...

I'm not gloating Rich, just countering your frequent comments about how bad the heat is here and how ya couldn't endure it.

Anyway, I surely agree with your thoughts about the onset of that evil disease GOLF. One has to guard against it constantly, as there are SO MANY folks who are either snowbirds or part-time residents here this time of year who are all "carriers" of that plague.

Luckily, there aren't as many here who are ill with that other wretched condition, SKIING. Most stricken with that infectious thing, are kind enough to leave here in the winter when the hordes of golf addicts arrive. So, we at least aren't at risk for both at the same time. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found a good use for golf balls last year. $30 shipped from Cheaper Than Dirt sells a golf ball launcher that uses 223 blanks. 200yds on a good day...