New
Find
Notify
Tools

Humphrey Bogart marathon
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Sunday staring at 730 TCM will be hosting a Humphrey Bogart 24 hour marathon.

The little boat in African Queen was used by Hemingway on his last safari.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
That would be fun if I could stay up for the whole thing. Interesting info about the boat. The movie came out in 51 + his last safari was in 56. Thanks for the heads up on the marathon!

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Watching The African Queen on TMC right now. Love that movie, especially since it was colorized! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoy it. First time I watched it drinking gin.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
That does get you in the mood. I remember Robert Ruark writing about his Uncle Rob that was a sea captain + loved his toddy. He said that if Miss Hepburn had thrown his gin over the side she would be
the 1st to follow.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Use Enough Gun:
Watching The African Queen on TMC right now. Love that movie, especially since it was colorized! tu2

Oh, please don't say that. No movie was ever improved by the amateurish vandalism of "colorizing". Even Ted Turner gave up doing it and finally embraced classic movies as they're supposed to be seen - as they were made.

"The African Queen" was filmed in Technicolor from the beginning. It's proudly emblazoned across all the movie posters.