WALTER'S OWN

Moderators: Walterhog
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UAE displaces boys as young as three by robots.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted
Okay Walter, here is the question.

Since a camel which can be purchased for anywhere between $2500 and 800,000+ need to be ridden during races held tracks in UAE. Now while these camels were or are ridden in the main by young boys brought in from countries such as Bangladesh, etc. The Boys are being replaced by radio controlled jockey robots made from tubing and electric drills.

The questions are as follows:

1) Are you involved in racing camels?
2) Are you currently manufacturing robot camel jockeys? (Why does that seem like a silly question?)
3) Do you know anybody that races camels? Do you go to the races? Is it fun?

quote:
Buying camels at an auction — the S.U.V. carrying Mohammed had pamphlets from old auctions littered on the floor — requires heavy research (much as buying a thoroughbred does), and sale prices for camels can range from as little as $2,700 to about $815,000.

Feeding, training and housing a camel costs around $275 per month, according to Saeed Fayed al Zarie, a trainer in Dubai who oversees about 40 camels that are mostly kept in a camel community (a collection of low-ceilinged barns) near the track.

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Walter tried racing camels but found they were way to quick for him out of the starters gates. sofa

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7973 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
he probably bbq's them

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wino
posted Hide Post
Or breeds them shocker

"Earth First, we'll mine the other planets later"
"Strip mining prevents forest fires"

Posts: 2407 | Location: smokey southren humboldt county nevada | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote