WALTER'S OWN

Moderators: Walterhog
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idaho State map, hunting, fishing, atvs etc.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
www.trails.idaho.gov
This is a hell of a map and more. Free thanks to atv/utv/snowmobile/trail bike registration fees.

Posts: 451 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 03 January 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those all current Wildfires on there ?

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, unfortunately.

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I knew Colorado was getting hit bad. That's a lot of fires.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing new, been happening here in the PNW for almost 5 years running!!

Environmentalist are saving the forest from the evil loggers since 1970's, Really working out GREAT isn't it!!?? 2020

Posts: 17552 | Location: Eastern Washington | Registered: 23 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not quite. The two biggest fires ever in the NW. The Big Burn, 1910, 3 million acres, Washington, Idaho and Montana. No forest service, no environmentalists. Ed(?) Pulaski, who invented that famous tool held his fire crew at gunpoint in a mineshaft so they would not run and face certain death.
The Tillamook burn, 1933. +-350,000 acres. A cat dragging two cedar logs started that. Spot fires kept popping up till 1955. No environmentalists for sure.
It's easy to blame federal agencies and tree huggers for whatever ails you but not is always accurate. California, as an example, logged the crap out of their private forested ground and never replanted timber. What was left became brush and scrub and results in fast moving fires that are hard to get a line around. The fire was started by some knucklehead towing a trailer with a flat. Redding, Ca. paid the price. Lots of reasons for fires. We haven't had rain here in SW Oregon since June. We have private timberlands, USFS and BLM timberlands. So far no fires even though we have a lot of tree huggers, hunters and other people running around in the woods. The fire laws are enforced and everybody complys.
Small communities need timber sale $ and I know for a fact the USFS would love to have more. But are stopped by outside interests.
We owe the USFS, BLM, state and local fire fighters a huge debt of gratitude. And maybe a just few tree huggers too to keep an eye on things but not the out of state moneyed elite.
My 2 cents

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know for a fact the USFS would love to have more. But are stopped by outside interests.

Yep "Greenies" around here known as "eco-freaks" who wear USFS/BLM/DNR uniforms.

I used to live and work in the largest district which is now run by these puppets who's strings are operated by the Sierra Club's injunctions.

This years first major fire and the type 1 team who came in relied on MAPS, BUT when they left camp to go look for the roads they wanted to use for fire breaks GUESS WHAT, they were either Gone or tank trapped. Funny thing was, they asked "what happened to them?" homer

Another big fire here ended up being over 50,000 acres, OF that 65% was a back burn! Last piece's of equipment was demobbed Friday the 12th.

Just my $.02

Posts: 17552 | Location: Eastern Washington | Registered: 23 October 2009Reply With Quote