WALTER'S OWN

Moderators: Walterhog
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where can I find this "toe tapper" instrumental?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Every so often I'll hear a piece of movie music that is an unconventional toe tapper. Examples would be theme music from "Zorba, the Greek", "The Good The Bad and The Ugly", and "The Third Man." I recently viewed a pleasant romantic comedy, "Lucky Seven" that features Patrick Dempsey. It has such a toe tapper as its wedding reception opening instrumental. The tune is played by some sort of woodwind like a fife. To my undiscriminating ear it sounds Celtic or Irish or, perhaps, Appalachian folk music?

I want to obtain it for my iTunes music collection. Not only can I not identify the tune, I can locate no mention of the tune in any review of the movie I have found.

Anyone who can help out, please do.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
"So you are to me" by Eastmountainsouth is what is listed on IMDB.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
If I ever break down + but a cel phone,I want my ring tone to be "The Good,the bad,+ the Ugly".Ah i ah i ah,wah wah wah.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
That's what I have on my cell phone. Great ringtone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLgJ7pk0X-s

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2292 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Naphfi,in all honesty my 1st choice would be to try the 'Tiffany transcriptions. The company plays a lot of good old stuff on N.P.R. (Too much to mention.)I/e the old Bob Wills e/t al).Please ;some one do a video of this time aS i CAN NOT.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing that.