Find
Notify
Tools

Going to be in San Antonio Tx at the end on November
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted
I have a conference at the end of November. There will be some down time especially in the evenings. What can 6 people from California see and do?

Thank You in advance.

Carl

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
The Alamo!

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I enjoy the river walk as well. The river barge tours are neat.

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Well,CHC + jtex just answered that for me.There are some great restaurants as well.Carim's comes to mind but it is over on the west side in a not so good neighborhood.Lots of good choices on the riverwalk.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the Lone Star Brewery still open for tours?

The Buckhorn bHall of Horns is damn impressive and even though I have never been to it, the Space Needle is supposed to be a hell of an experience.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
The Alamo!

More than that, if time allows, tour all the missions in the area; there are four or five along the river within easy driving distance. It'll take a full day, but it's well worth it. There's a pretty cool botanical garden (Chinese Tea Garden maybe?) as well. And if you're not all Sea Worlded-out from CA, there's that. If you're taking kids they'll love the rides.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Is the Lone Star Brewery still open for tours?

The Buckhorn bHall of Horns is damn impressive and even though I have never been to it, the Space Needle is supposed to be a hell of an experience.

Now CHC, you know that's called the Tower of the Americas, the space needle is in Washington. I first saw it in '68 when at the Hemisfair.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank You fr that correction. tu2

I just know a lot of folks like visiting it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless its been rebuilt,the Hall Of Horns burnt down years ago.Be nice if it has been rebuilt but I have'nt heard of it.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not know that. Is the Texas cultures villiage still open at the base of the Tower?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no idea;I have'nt been to S.A. in over 25 years.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Google Institute Of Texas Cultures. It is located at or around the base of the Tower in San Antonio.

Lora and I have been once and it is a really neat place.

One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of you for the recommendations. I will look into these.

Thank You Again,

Carl

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote