New
Find
Notify
Tools

An AR blaser shoot
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am tired of seeing this Alaskan double rifle, big bore Montana and other shoots.

What we really need is an AR blaser shoot. You know where we’d shoot the best rifle platform in the world.

I think we should do it at Saeed personal range Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey i'm all for it - shooting at blasers sounds great flame Big Grin

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Sounds like one of those parties all the horn rimmed glasses wearing (bridge tapped together), hair greased back, pencil necked, book worm, nerd types threw back in high school days when they got tired of not being invited to the regular parties.

clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Sounds like one of those parties all the horn rimmed glasses wearing (bridge tapped together), hair greased back, pencil necked, book worm, nerd types threw back in high school days when they got tired of not being invited to the regular parties.

clap

Yup

And they are grew up and became successful and rich and are buying 10k riles, $4k scopes and $500 fancy mounts while the jocks are talking about how accurate their ruger American rifles are Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:
quote:

clap

Yup

And they are grew up and became successful and rich and are buying 10k riles, $4k scopes and $500 fancy mounts while the jocks are talking about how accurate their ruger American rifles are Big Grin

Mike

LOL. Sounds like something nerds would say. The geeks are still just geeks trying to convince us how cool they are.

Look what I can do! Look what I can do!

Video here!!
https://video.search.yahoo.com...d4807891&action=view

clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

clap

Yup

Mike

LOL. Sounds like something nerds would say. The geeks are still just geeks trying to convince us how cool they are.

Look what I can do! Look what I can do!

Video here!!
https://video.search.yahoo.com...d4807891&action=view

clap

Yup

Jocks discussing bushnell or tasco on the optics for their Ruger American or savage axis Big Grin

And like Al Bundy reminiscing about their high school football days.

They will bitch about blasers like they bitch about Tesla, apple smart phones and Snapchat (they are all on Facebook)

Big Grin

Mike

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I really have no dog in this hunt as I have never owned a Blaser. I have however been on the Cabelas used gun section and seen for sale a plethora of the same.Sorry,but to my way of thinking,if they are so great,why are there so many on the used gun market?As I said,I have never used one so this is not a condemnation,only a comment.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

clap

That's funny!

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Someone needs to inform the Biebster about this thread ...

jumping

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
no way i'm counting on him to furnish a couple dozen POS blaser that we can shoot at

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Haters going to hate.

The shoot will be truly boring as all blasers super accurate. I am just hoping Saeed has a super spread of food and drinks set up for us Big Grin

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd be happy to offer one of my elegant high-end Blasers for Todd and Butchloc to shoot at. Of course, based on the value of such a gun, I'd like to put it out at a range where a hit by Todd with his trusty double and Butch with his custom-shop Mossberg would be highly unlikely to hit it.....say 40-50 yards?

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
I'd be happy to offer one of my elegant high-end Blasers for Todd and Butchloc to shoot at. tu2

Of course, based on the value of such a gun, I'd like to put it out at a range where a hit by Todd with his trusty double and Butch with his custom-shop Mossberg would be highly unlikely to hit it.....say 40-50 yards?

Big Grin

Just cruel tu2

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ouch!

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Haters going to hate.

The shoot will be truly boring as all blasers super accurate. I am just hoping Saeed has a super spread of food and drinks set up for us Big Grin

Mike

Let's be clear here. The shoot will not be boring due to the blaser's accuracy. It will be boring due to the typical fanboys' personalities. You know ... Geeks ... Nerds!!!

jumping

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am tired of seeing this Alaskan double rifle, big bore Montana and other shoots.

What we really need is an AR blaser shoot. You know where we’d shoot the best rifle platform in the world.

Mike

We do not allow anyone to bring Blaser here! clap

Only PROPPER rifles!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Mike

Only PROPPER rifles!

Depends what you have in the food and drink spread. If the spread is good we will bring out other crappy proper rifles and just one blaser and everyone can bring a barrels dancing

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Haters going to hate.

Mike

Let's be clear here. The shoot will not be boring due to the blaser's accuracy. It will be boring due to the typical fanboys' personalities. You know ... Geeks ... Nerds!!!

jumping

As long as they are successful and shoot blasers nerds and geeks will be welcomed.

Even jocks will be welcomed - we will need people to go change the targets for us as we feast on the food/drink spread and keep switching barrels and scopes as we show off the blasers dancing

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It sounds like a good time will be had by all,+ I think that's the point. I really miss the old turkey shoots we used to have in these parts.Good competition + camaraderie.As to geeks + nerds;my middle son has a video game development company + that's all he hires.(Of course).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As an addendum,I had a recollection of one of the turkey shoots in the early 70's when this elderly gent showed up + after buying his ticket,approached the firing line,100 yds.He was carrying his M1 Garand.He fell forward into a prone,worked his sling + then fired 3 rounds faster than I can type this.He then took his turkey + went home.I must add that we were not shooting live turkeys as in the past.We were donated frozen birds from the local supermarket as this was a money raiser for the Volunteer Fire Dept.Thus everyone was willing to give what they could as this was a great cause.Even after they ran out of turkeys,we kept shooting with the prize being a split of the pot.I won several times (as Will Sonnett said;no brag just fact) + I just gave the money back to the Fire Dept.This was a charity after all.In truth at the 50 yd. line there is not much real competition between these cheap 22's of the others to my Anshutz 54 w/ sights.Mox Nix as I gave all the money back to the fire dept.I just enjoyed the shooting + competition.sounds like your shoot will be the same way;cameraderie + a great time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
sounds like your shoot will be the same way;cameraderie + a great time.

Oh, then I guess Todd and Butch won't be coming? :-)

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
It sounds like a good time will be had by all,+ I think that's the point. I really miss the old turkey shoots we used to have in these parts.Good competition + camaraderie.As to geeks + nerds;my middle son has a video game development company + that's all he hires.(Of course).

I think you've missed the overarching point of the discussion here Norman.

There IS NO Blaser shoot going on. I mean really, who would show up? A bogus event conjured out of envy of those who are actually putting on practical shooting events of traditional big bores and double rifles.

It really is nothing more than a couple of pocket protecter wearing nerds dreaming about getting together with other nerds to have a nerd party so that they can "show them"!!

clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

There IS NO Blaser shoot going on. I mean really, who would show up? A bogus event conjured out of envy of those who are actually putting on practical shooting events of traditional big bores and double rifles.

It really is nothing more than a couple of pocket protecter wearing nerds dreaming about getting together with other nerds to have a nerd party so that they can "show them"!!

clap

Don’t be a hater.

Sorry Saeed did not include you on the invite list Eeker

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well,if it happens,I wish everyone a good time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

clap

Snort!

Posts: 41766 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
quote:

clap

Snort!

“We want to create a buffer around the company as one that is seen as forward thinking and innovative — to get this Blaserfeeling of engineering into US,” he explained. “When an F3 is sitting on a gun rack with other shotguns, we want people to think of the F3 owner as a smart guy”

Same can be applied to r8 and rifles Big Grin

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Mike

Only PROPPER rifles!

i thought you had one just because you needed to give hard time to Walther about it ...

Posts: 1730 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh well,the pollyanna comes through on occasion.Always willing to wish the best to folks even if it is not of my choice.I plead guilty of being a bit naive.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:

“We want to create a buffer around the company as one that is seen as forward thinking and innovative — to get this Blaserfeeling of engineering into US,” he explained. “When an F3 is sitting on a gun rack with other shotguns, we want people to think of the F3 owner as a smart guy

Mike

As to the the highlighted passage ... ummmm, yeahhhh, right. Quite the contrary!!!

coffee

Please tell me a Blaser company rep didn't really say that. But then again, I don't know why a statement like that would be surprising. A room full of pocket protector nerds always thinks this of themselves. In reality, they really are just .... ODD!!

Cool

BTW, how is this fantasy shoot shaping up? The real rifle shoots are underway and some completed by now. Or is this just more musing by the misfits?

rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

“We want to create a buffer around the company as one that is seen as forward thinking and innovative — to get this Blaserfeeling of engineering into US,” he explained. “When an F3 is sitting on a gun rack with other shotguns, we want people to think of the F3 owner as a smart guy

Mike

As to the the highlighted passage ... ummmm, yeahhhh, right. Quite the contrary!!!

coffee

Please tell me a Blaser company rep didn't really say that. But then again, I don't know why a statement like that would be surprising. A room full of pocket protector nerds always thinks this of themselves. In reality, they really are just .... ODD!!

Cool

BTW, how is this fantasy shoot shaping up? The real rifle shoots are underway and some completed by now. Or is this just more musing by the misfits?

rotflmo

All up to Saeed the organizer and host Big Grin

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the shoot is to be held inside of a barn so that all participants will be able to hit it

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OUCH!

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

coffee

Cool

rotflmo

Mike

OK, so the more I thought about the highlighted comment from the Blaser company rep., the more it bugged me. I couldn't figure out the proper analogy. Then it hit me!!!

Steve Martin in "The Jerk"!! Yep, that's it. Remember the part after he became rich and he was trying to convince the people around him that he wasn't "The Jerk"? He had ordered little umbrella's to go in his cocktail so that he could "be somebody". Trying to convince others around him that he was cool when in fact, he was the exact opposite!

For those not familiar with the reference, click here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1GO5F2roJA

Blaser BINGO!!! The fan boys are all about hyping a solution to a problem that doesn't exist so they can convince themselves that others think they are "smart" or "cool"!!!

Good God man!! That's a no shit, rolling on the floor, guffawing, snorting, belly muscle bruising, coffee spitting, LAUGHING OUT LOUD moment for the ages my friends!!! You can't make this stuff up folks. I dare you to even try!

animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

coffee

Cool

rotflmo

Mike

OK, so the more I thought about the highlighted comment from the Blaser company rep., the more it bugged me. I couldn't figure out the proper analogy. Then it hit me!!!

Steve Martin in "The Jerk"!! Yep, that's it. Remember the part after he became rich and he was trying to convince the people around him that he wasn't "The Jerk"? He had ordered little umbrella's to go in his cocktail so that he could "be somebody". Trying to convince others around him that he was cool when in fact, he was the exact opposite!

Blaser BINGO!!! The fan boys are all about hyping a solution to a problem that doesn't exist so they can convince themselves that others think they are "smart" or "cool"!!!

Good God man!! That's a no shit, rolling on the floor, guffawing, snorting, belly muscle bruising, coffee spitting, LAUGHING OUT LOUD moment for the ages my friends!!! You can't make this stuff up folks. I dare you to even try!

animal

I love the blaser r8 - exceptional rifle and allows one to live rent free in blaser haters minds.

You guys know it is the best rifle in the whole world. Perfection.

Stop the hating and get on the blaser platform. tu2

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

coffee

Cool

rotflmo

Mike

animal

I love the blaser r8 - exceptional rifle and allows one to live rent free in blaser haters minds.

Mike

You are "Somebody" Mike. "Smart" because you shoot a Blaser!

clap

Thanks for the laugh!

rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

coffee

Cool

rotflmo

Mike

animal

Mike

clap

Thanks for the laugh!

rotflmo

Don’t let the hatred get you. Don’t miss out on the best rifle in the world. Get a blaser and be happy dancing

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

coffee

Cool

rotflmo

Mike

animal

Mike

clap

Thanks for the laugh!

rotflmo

Don’t let the hatred get you. Don’t miss out on the best rifle in the world. Get a blaser and be happy dancing

Mike

You mean if I get a Blaser, I can "Be Somebody"?

You've got to admit, that statement by the Blaser company rep is priceless. It's going to be the gift that keeps giving!!

clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Even haters know the blaser r8 is simply the best rifle in the world.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well,that is a matter of opinion.I personally have always been a fan of the 98 action.But then that's why they make Fords + Chevys.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well,that is a matter of opinion.I personally have always been a fan of the 98 action.But then that's why they make Fords + Chevys.

https://www.mauser.com/en.html

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote