New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martini sippin' time
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Spring has arrived at 8000 feet in the Rockies. It was 60 degrees today. The snow is gone, except in the shade. And the deer are back. I can see two does and three yearlings in the aspen grove down the hill. Not a cloud in the sky as the sun sets over the ridgeline.

Outside on the deck, the coals are settling down to the just the right temperature at the bottom of the grill. In just a few minutes I'll put on some lightly marinated elk sirloin. Baked pototes and fresh veggies are ready to go.

As I sip my Bombay Sapphire martini, straight up, very dry with two olives, I wonder what other martini recipies the AR guys might enjoy.........

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
Regular Tanqueray/dash dry vermouth with one olive. No olive juice for me.

Incidentally, your post reminds me of the Reverend Horton Heat song "Its Martini Time."

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
is that some kind of johnny walker i haven't heard of before?? Big Grin

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Johnnie Walker? My God, man! We need to get you out of the sun, into the lorry and back to camp! If I'm going to drink from The Highlands, it'll be Glenlivet. Not much ice, please.

114-R10David

Posts: 1749 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Grey Goose Vodka, straight up, NO VERMOUTH, shaken with two LARGE Spanish olives.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bombay Blue Saphire over ice with a wedge of lime. Don't allow it to get any closer than 6 feet to a bottle of vermouth. ( unopened)

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Wyborowa vodka (Polish) with just enough Vermouth to coat the bottom of the shaker. Shake until your hands get too cold to continue. Two large olives

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My close friend Evan Williams, a black, and I both did not realise that gin was still being produced.

Posts: 1066 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
3 oz. Bombay (not Sapphire), a few drops dry Vermouth, lots of crushed ice, shake it up. Rub the inside of the martini glass with a nice section of lemon peel. Pour in the gin, twist and drop in the peel. The taste is enhanced by a crystal glass.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote