WALTER'S OWN

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Walter's Own General Discussions    What is the dog breed in the 1937 version of "The Prisoner of Zenda"?

Moderators: Walterhog
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the dog breed in the 1937 version of "The Prisoner of Zenda"?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just paused my DVD of the 1937 version of "The Prisoner of Zenda" at the evening before Rudolph's coronation. David Niven, Ronald Colman, and Ronald Colman are trying to consume the entire wine cellar of Strelsau. Resting at the large fire place is a very large curly-haired dog that slightly resembles a giant Schnauzer. I guess it might be an Irish Wolfhound - except I have no firm idea of what that breed looks like.

Anyone who is able to identify the dog breed please do. Also, would the identified dog breed have been in existence, circa 1895?

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1496 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
That's a great movie, although I haven't seen it in years. I don't recall the dog but the Russian Wolfhounds real name is Borzoi. I had one years ago. They were bred with a huge lung capacity to bring down the steppenwolves using the wolves own mentality,i.e. divide + conquer + have more stamina. I took C.J. out once to breed a bitch + their mating ritual was something to see. They ran for HOURS! chasing each other over the grounds. You might try to google the movie or pull up Borzois.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote