New
Find
Notify
Tools

SEALS ADOPT GLOCK 19 REPLACING SIG P226 MK25
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 2662 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good! Perhaps I can pick up a Sig 226 at a decent price now!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most odd. As I consider the SIG the better pistol. By far.

Posts: 6814 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by enfieldspares:

yep....................

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tasco 74:
quote:
Originally posted by enfieldspares:

yep....................

Better how?

I have been carrying a G19 every day since 1990 as a police officer here in NY, and I also owned a SIG 226 for a while too. I think that the SIG is a better made gun, in the same way that a Mercedes is over a Toyota but the Glock is simpler to operate, has a lower bore axis/less muzzle flip, and never jams. It is smaller as well.

I know that I'm jaded but what is it that you like about the sig over the Glock?

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
It's possible that the SEALs found a need for a disposable sidearm?

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Military cutbacks so Obama & Michelle can take another vacation would be my guess.

Posts: 104 | Location: Alaska & Florida  | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My opinion is that the Glock is the best combat pistol ever made.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:
My opinion is that the Glock is the best combat pistol ever made.

I have use both don't own any Sigs but do own 5 Glocks.

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
New model SIGs seem more useful to other than RH firers. I could not understand how a RH specific handgun could find so much favor in the handgunning world. I mean, a HiPower, any 1911 etc can be easily made south-paw/weak hand capable, but a SIG? Not.

I had to turn down a pretty M11 over a worn out M9.

Glocks just plain work. Keep you finger off the trigger, right?

Posts: 1082 | Location: MidWest USA  | Registered: 27 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a rule military purchases their equipment based on cost/value features as witnessed by the M4 and M16's. Certainly not aesthetic in any sense of the word, but will get the job done with least amount of training and effectiveness in doing one thing, killing the enemy as needed. The Glock is quite good at that role and similar reasons that some 70%+ of LE use the Glock. Similar to a claw hammer or anvil, it's there when you need it.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SIG did not want to make 33 round magazines, or offer a select fire model. Glock offers both.
Occasionally, a machine pistol is a valuable tool.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Watch and see if these $500 Glocks cost taxpayers $1500

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote