Find
Notify
Tools

Boycott OREOS!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of xs headspace
posted
Just noticed that the new thin Oreos are made in Canada. Called their 800-622-4726 number and informed them if they take jobs out of the US, I will never but Oreos again!! Feel free to call that #, y'all! More jobs going away, so the CEO of the company can buy more diesel fuel for his 90 ft yacht!! And they wonder why people in Chicago deal drugs and guns to make a living...no factory jobs left!

Hippie redneck geezer

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Several years ago American Rifleman ran an article about the names of corporations whose policies were to support gun control. I wish they would print it again as the only one I recall was Kraft. I still won't buy any Kraft product.As the corps. prime objective is the bottom line,several million gun owners boycotting their products should make a difference.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let's see, a black kid robs and burns down a store because his ancestors were slaves 200 years ago and the black kids in Chicago kill, rob, rape, and loot because they make Oreos in Canada. Makes perfect sense to me.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, I'm Canadian, guess I'd better stock up. Smiler Betting it's our cheap dollar driving them north.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wasbeeman,I understand.Back in the 60's therm for uncle tom's was oreo. Black on the outside + white on the inside.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember that. And the term for a mixed race couple was zebra. Interestingly enough, these were terms I heard from my black friends.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HEY i love oreos.... i won't boycott them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

democrat or american.. who are you?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
wanna' take a wild guess what the racist term "twinkie" means?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BlackHawk1
posted Hide Post
Twinkie is Asian on the outside, white on the inside.

BH1

There are no flies on 6.5s!

Posts: 707 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 23 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xs headspace:
Just noticed that the new thin Oreos are made in Canada. Called their 800-622-4726 number and informed them if they take jobs out of the US, I will never but Oreos again!! Feel free to call that #, y'all! More jobs going away, so the CEO of the company can buy more diesel fuel for his 90 ft yacht!! And they wonder why people in Chicago deal drugs and guns to make a living...no factory jobs left!

oh brother...
So boycott Ford, Exxon, Sears, food grown in California and Texas and a host of others as their products are made outside the USA? Try dropping mandatory Union membership, reform corporate tax rules, limit product liability insurance, etc, etc. before "boycotting" anything.....that would lower US costs to manufacture.

Also, since when does making Oreos in Canada force people to sell or take drugs and "deal guns" in Chicago.. There is logic there but I fail to comprehend it. It is called getting an education and choosing to work rather than be a criminal...

Posts: 10133 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
Don't blame Nabisco, the makers of Oreos, blame US sugar tariffs. Cane sugar producers have long enjoyed special tariff protection but Bill Clinton greatly enhanced the tariffs in the early 1990's - about the time that HFCS (High Fructose Corn Sugar really hit the scene in a big way.

Concerns about the health impacts of HFCS have caused consumers to demand "real" cane sugar in their goodies.

Canada does not have high sugar tariffs so it's much cheaper for Canuks to buy the sugar at world prices, make the Oreos and send the finished cookies to the US. If we didn't have ridiculously high tariffs on sugar there would be no great advantage in importing Oreos.

http://www.heritage.org/resear...ican-sugar-consumers

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Twinkie is a racial pejorative used by most American Indians to refer to a European American, with little or no social or blood links to any tribe, who claims to be an American Indian.

from Wikpedia

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmmmm...

My neighbor, who is hispanic uses it when he talks about hispanic/latino folks who try and "act white".

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No problem.....

Since a kid......I've always liked Hydrox better. But.....I can't remember the last time I spied any.

Gettin' old.........

Kevin

Posts: 409 | Location: The Republic Of Texas, USA | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Concerning the sugar issue.A few years ago I read an article in National Revue concerning big sugar + the fed. Seems that on an annual basis big sugar borrows from the fed.(read taxpayers) on the sugar futures.At the time of the article cane sugar was 19 cents a lb. while beet sugar was at 21 cents a lb.This is a 9 month loan.At the end of the 9 months if the current market value is less than the 19 or 21 cents they just reneg on the loan + the fed. (read taxpayers) is left with the sugar + the responsibility of selling it.If it is over that amount they repay the loan + pocket the difference.Now heres the even worst part. There is no penalty for defaulting on the loan + they are allowed to do it every year.Just another example of our government in action.

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
NormanC,

That is what has been keeping Hawaii afloat. The cane sugar industry would have gone bust years ago, and all the sugar cane in Hawaii would disappear, if the US government wasn't subsidizing it. But the end of Hawaii's sugar industry is near in spite of anything the government can do.

quote:
http://www.nytimes.com/1996/08/09/us/as-sugar-fades-hawaii-seeks-a-new-cash-crop.html?pagewanted=all

''It's all economics,'' Mr. Vriesenga said of the end of sugar. ''The sugar price hasn't risen since 1981 and labor costs have gone way up. The production cost far exceeded what you could earn.''

On its nearly 13,000 acres, Waialua Sugar produced 75,000 tons a year at its peak, and yields 60,000 now. But it has lost about $8 million a year, Mr. Vriesenga said.

Politics surely contributed to sugar's end as well. Sugar has long been used as a tool in United States foreign policy. Instead of giving foreign aid, Washington has offered sugar quotas, allowing a country to export a quantity of sugar to the United States, where it can be sold at a profit. Such deals -- and the sugar surplus they bolstered -- hurt domestic producers like those in Hawaii.

But Mr. Vriesenga and others also acknowledge that their sugar production simply fell victim to the world division of labor. They could not compete with places like the Philippines and Indonesia, where labor is cheaper. So managers like Mr. Vriesenga are selling machinery to foreign sugar enterprises and casting a creative eye around their plantations to find ways to re-employ hundreds of workers and re-use their resources.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are really arguing about cookies?

Posts: 9994 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No we are not arguing about cookies. In my opinion we are discussing govt. waste that I for one am being forced to finance.

one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post
Way ahead of you!

Havent touched the crap in 51 years and i'm not going to start now.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
No we are not arguing about cookies. In my opinion we are discussing govt. waste that I for one am being forced to finance.

In this era of Globalization, it's easy for companies to seek greener pastures, something governments tend to forget.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If we boycott Oreos because they are made in Canada, do we have to do the same to the Canadian-made Enduron powders?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
If we boycott Oreos because they are made in Canada, do we have to do the same to the Canadian-made Enduron powders?

Hey, I was surprised to see IMR powders are made in Canada, exported to the US and then we re import them for our use. There's a real head shaker for this cowboy.

Grizz

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The thin Oreos don't taste like, well, real Oreos. Must be their Canuck heritage. Homemade are better anyway.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Canucks have always been bad that way.
I think you guys should not come up here to hunt anymore and get out of the tar sands too. That would teach us a lesson. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3336 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I never could understand the politics of the Oreo. A black Oreo is black on the outside and white on the inside. But a white Oreo is white on the outside and white on the inside. Shouldn't the white Oreo be black on the inside?

And what political agenda do these represent?

Or these?

Should we boycott some Oreos and not others?

Confused

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Twenty something years ago I bought some Oreos and some of the cookies had Keebler stamped on them. I showed them to my wife and then dunked them in a glass of milk. Should have saved them.

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
A person goes to the doctor for a headache, so the Doc gives them a pill, and that causes nervousness. So he takes another pill for his nerves and that causes nausea. So he takes something for the nausea and that gives him blurred vision. So he takes something for the blurred vision and that gives him a headache!

The initial purpose of Government WAS to secure Liberty. To free us from the headache of injustice. And now because of the side effects of the Government pill, we are now picking winners and losers in the sugar industry (a great injustice in itself on many levels), and boycotting Oreos! Makes perfect sense. 2020

Posts: 10127 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grenadier:
I never could understand the politics of the Oreo. A black Oreo is black on the outside and white on the inside. But a white Oreo is white on the outside and white on the inside. Shouldn't the white Oreo be black on the inside?

And what political agenda do these represent?

Or these?

Should we boycott some Oreos and not others?

Confused

rotflmo

Posts: 10127 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen the movie "Dave"? starring Kevin Cline forget sigourney weaver due to her anti sentiments (true here,when filming Alien she has such a rush of power firing her weapon that she said,no one should have that feeling.)Anyway Kevin Kline is a doppelganger for the president who has had a stroke due to overly sexual exertion with an intern.And he works to make everything in Government as it is supposed to be. Sweet movie;see it if you have'nt already,gives you a little hope.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
food grown in California and Texas and a host of others as their products are made outside the USA?

???????????????????? Wink

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this does not include the Oreo Churros that the Taco Time sells does it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I remember several years ago when Paul Harvey asked the question concerning buying American. "Would you buy a Ford built in Mexico or a VW built in Pennsylvania?" In my opinion,it should be where the money stays + supports local economies,but then I suppose that I am out of touch with real issuses in our nation,not being a polotician.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I remember several years ago when Paul Harvey asked the question concerning buying American. "Would you buy a Ford built in Mexico or a VW built in Pennsylvania?" In my opinion,it should be where the money stays + supports local economies,but then I suppose that I am out of touch with real issuses in our nation,not being a polotician.

Globalization, next thing you know, they'll be making Oreos in China, yellow on the outside, white in the middle. Wink

Grizz

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
quote:

Personally, I would rather buy a Toyota built in an American "right to work" state than a GM built by Pseudo-Commie Liberals and subsidized by taxpayers dollars.. But that's just me..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Hmmmmmmmm...

My neighbor, who is hispanic uses it when he talks about hispanic/latino folks who try and "act white".

Those are "coconuts". Brown on the outside, white on the inside.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12525 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If we want to straighten something out we could start with Austin, TX. Besides if we want to complain about something how about complaining about Hodgdon's foreign manufacture of most of their gun powder. Oreos taste better too.

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote