Find
Notify
Tools

Free the mink !
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/...li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

I wonder how many will survive ? What damage will there be to the local environment .What can I get my GF instead of a mink coat ?

Domestic Terrorists ! thumbdown

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like most of the ones they catch are dying, no reason to think the ones not caught will do much better.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9559 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They will decimate the local population of ground nesting waterfowl and that of voles. Not just this season but for decades to come. This release is hugely damaging.

There needs to be an immediate trapping and shooting scheme put in place to respond to this. They are a real pest and I am guessing even in the US no natural predator upon them?

Posts: 6815 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nothing new here, guess if I owned a fur farm, security would be one of my prime concerns. these places really irk the antis.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Hmmm now silly as it might seem,some of us in Texas have alternate attitudes from the general norm.I.E stop the problem in its infancy.Whether it be minks or congressmen.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Stupidity is more common than "Common Sense"

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here in Minnesota we have a lot of mink trappers. Those mink that get very far away, if they act at all like a wild mink, will more than likely get caught by trappers.

And since these mink do not have the winter hunting skills of a wild mink they will die off rather quickly after about a month of a Minnesota winter. I doubt many will be left alive after a couple of 20 below zero nights (farenheit) in January.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The bottom has absolutely fallen out of the farmed mink market recently, and wild ones are basically worthless. The cynic in me would be looking at financials and insurance policies.

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote