Find
Notify
Tools

Prayers for Jeff Quinn of Gunblast.com
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
I guess this is as good a place on AR to post this as any other. Jeff Quinn, that good old boy with the twin braids in his beard who has entertained many of us with his online gun reviews is fighting for life with pneumonia in a Nashville hospital.
If you are a person of faith and believe in the helpfulness of intercessory prayer, or even just a good-hearted person willing to send good thoughts, Jeff could use some about now.

Thank you so much.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Done.

I'm what you call your basic famous.

Posts: 1257 | Location: Colusa CA U.S.A. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Sent a couple his way, hopefully he is doing better. I know of him from youtube.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sounding good

Gary Reeder
an update on Jeff Quinn from John Taffin
Thursday, February 04, 2016, 13:26

keep the prayers coming...

He has taken a turn for the worse. He is back on IV antibiotics and
monitors, and can barely function even with oxygen support. The nurses got
him up for a walk yesterday, and even with oxygen he couldn't walk 50 feet
without swooning. He has eight pounds of fluid around his heart and lungs,
which is spiking his blood pressure and making it hard on his heart - the
pulmonary doctors will be evaluating that today. They can't use a whole lot
of diuretics to help clear up the fluid, because that is really hard on his
kidneys, and it's what almost killed him at the Holiday - his kidney doctor
is carefully monitoring that while they work on the pneumonia. X-rays taken
this morning show they are making some progress on the pneumonia. And he has
gone just about completely deaf.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He is one of the good guys! I pray for his recovery.

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I copied this from another forum, I assume it is accurate. Mr. Quinn is only 56, give or take a few months.

quote:
I looked around, and found the following updates posted on Facebook by Souette Quinn (I'm assuming she's his wife?):

1/30:

"Calling in on my PRAYER WARRIORS!!
Jeff Quinn is in Intensive Care with severe pneumonia.
Jeff had been getting weaker by the hour over the past several days and we were thinking it was related to his kidneys. He had been extremely weak on our trip the week before. It took all he had to make the SHOT Show this year.
Yesterday evening, he lost consciousness at home and fell out with such force that the blow to his head initiated a brain bleed.
The ambulance to Erin ER revealed the brain bleed, infected lungs and heart rate steady in the 30's.
He was life-flighted to St.Thomas in Nashville last night and where he now begins his 2nd night of a stellar team of ICU staff trying to manage his fever & blood pressure along with all his antibiotic therapy. The bleeding has slowed to a stop and no surgery necessary.
So my Facebook Prayer Warriors, lift the man up in healing prayers and add him to your prayer chains as you see fit. Any and all prayers are welcomed and appreciated.

1/31:

"UPDATE on JEFF QUINN
Jeff remains in ICU due to fever... But as Jeff noted, he's supposed to have fever due to the pneumonia. But physicians prefer to tackle the condition the antibiotics.
Jeff hopes to be in a regular room tomorrow as a step towards going home.
We are just glad we have a clear diagnosis and a treatable one at that.
I'm going to add this now for the first time publically...getting Jeff cleared of this pneumonia is very important as we received the call last week from St. Thomas that Jeff is now officially on the Kidney Transplant List.
Jeff, as many of the Quinn family, are diabetics.
Over the past year, Jeff has experienced health issues that has contributed to the decline of his kidneys. Over the past few months, he has been through many screenings and tests to determine if he'd be a good candidate for a transplant. Yes, he is!
When Jeff is back to good health, Jeff and his team at St Thomas will begin the search/wait for possible living donors or those who chose to be donors after passing. So, not only pray for Jeff as this path begins...but pray for those families whose future hold tears and heartbreak if the donation comes from one who passes.
We appreciate all the prayers and inquiries...they mean a lot to Jeff. But as he gets better, the challenge will be to keep him still and put some work on hold! He's kinda heard headed like that. ~S"

2/1:

"Update on Jeff Quinn:
Jeff is still in ICU at St. Thomas but should be moving to a regular room tomorrow as his vitals are now in the typical range. When they told him that today, he got up and got completely dressed. He's anxious to be better and come home.
He's feeling better from the IV meds but you can imagine the horrible cough that comes from trying to speak on a minimal amount of oxygen due to the severe infection of the pneumonia.
3 days ago, he wanted to go over a list of pall bearers....today he was talking about what guns he needs to shoot and do articles/videos on.
He's on the mend.
I've come home and taken care of the chickens, cows, grandkids, pending work and got the bedding all clean and waiting for Jeff's return. About to head back to the hospital and scoot my lounge chair over next to the bed for a few hours sleep.
Thank you for all the inquires and prayers. You all are generous souls. ~S"

2/3:

"JEFF QUINN UPDATE:
Jeff is still in ICU.
It's a challenge as his body is not able to maintain significant oxygen levels on his own to be independent. Vitals are a roller coaster as one affects the other.
He walked last night with nursing assistance while on oxygen and he barely went 50 feet before getting dizzy, losing his breath and having to lean against the wall. He is wiped out after eating a few bites, turning over in bed or just answering questions to the Doctors.
As he said just a while ago..."I'm smothering to death."
(..for all my nursing friends, oxygen levels drop into the 80's without support. I guess you all know what that means as I really don't )
His doctor shared this morning that in addition to the infection/pneumonia...his body is holding on to about 8 lbs of fluid that is causing pressure around the lungs.
His kidney Doctor is visiting often to work with the ICU team to insure no further damage occurs to the kidneys that would catapult him into a Dialysis situation.
Jeff knows people are praying and asking about him and he said "Don't tell so many details because it makes me look weak."
Well guess what JQ?...you ARE weak at this time!! You aren't beyond the boundaries of untouchable in sickness & hurt. Gee.
So FB Prayer Warriors, keep Jeff on those prayer lists and we'll encourage God's healing hand to get Jeff home.
~S"

2/4:

"Jeff Quinn UPDATE:
Still in ICU & about the same.
I'm adding this note because the Doctors are stumped on this one...over the time he's been here since Friday...Jeff's hearing has diminished and he is literally deaf at this point. Can't hear a thing!
He can read my lips and he knows many signs that I've used over the years due to my hearing loss. I'm interpreting the staff's instructions and messages.
Also, his phone is turned off as his decade old flip-phone is a useless tool to him at this time.
Whether it's the meds, the blow to the head or God getting even for him mocking my hearing loss all these years...y'all pray his hearing be restored.
~S"

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Gato: Any updates?

– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Two. https://www.facebook.com/souette.quinn?fref=ts

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not able to view the FaceBook content. Any way to post that here?

Thanks. We will keep Jeff in our prayers.

Jon Larsson - Hunter - Shooter - Reloader - Mostly in that order...Wink

Posts: 682 | Location: Western Montana | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Race Bannon:
Not sounding good

Gary Reeder
an update on Jeff Quinn from John Taffin
Thursday, February 04, 2016, 13:26

keep the prayers coming...

He has taken a turn for the worse. He is back on IV antibiotics and
monitors, and can barely function even with oxygen support. The nurses got
him up for a walk yesterday, and even with oxygen he couldn't walk 50 feet
without swooning. He has eight pounds of fluid around his heart and lungs,
which is spiking his blood pressure and making it hard on his heart - the
pulmonary doctors will be evaluating that today. They can't use a whole lot
of diuretics to help clear up the fluid, because that is really hard on his
kidneys, and it's what almost killed him at the Holiday - his kidney doctor
is carefully monitoring that while they work on the pneumonia. X-rays taken
this morning show they are making some progress on the pneumonia. And he has
gone just about completely deaf.

Fluid around heart and lungs, not in lungs? My mother had the fluid build-up you describe - for a reason never identified. The cancer that physicians expected to find was not present. Her fluid was physically drained by needle-and-shunt rather than diuretics. Prior to the shunt, she nearly suffocated before I took her to hospital. She was 89 but otherwise in acceptable health.

Since I am certain were this procedure available for Mr. Quinn's problem, it would have been used, I wonder what additional burden he has that precludes its use?

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1496 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Posted on her facebook page about an hour ago, outlook promising.....

quote:
Jeff Quinn UPDATE:
Well, my FB prayer warriors of all faiths from all over the world...you folks really stepped up to the plate on this one.
Jeff was weaned off his sedation meds and came up fighting. He and tubing do NOT agree. After some wrestling and his negotiating with the nurses via hand signs...the tubes and release from life support came around 2:00 am. A day earlier than planned.
The plan was to have him sitting up by 5:00 am. BUT again, Jeff negotiated and promised he would follow nursing orders and he was up at 3:00 am taking care of his own "whore bath" as he calls it.
By 4:00 am, he was fresh in fresh bedding and wanting a summary of the past 3 days. Still frustrated with struggling to hear, things were becoming clear to him as to what he'd been through. The staff and I are writing the longer communication pieces.
Although his hearing is still not present, he is wide awake and watching every move of staff members.
Oh...and to bring him a little ray of sunshine in all this....somebody snuck him some chocolate milk! NOT ME!!!...but maybe somebody that kinda looked like me.
A huge thank you and virtual hugs to all those who have followed and supported us in any way over the past 10 days.
But it's not over yet, healing still needs to continue and prayers for the return of his hearing will be much appreciated.
I pray all of you have a wonderful Monday and your own personal needs and wants can be fulfilled to bring you contentment.
~Souette

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Gatogordo. We will continue to keep Jeff in our prayers.

Jon Larsson - Hunter - Shooter - Reloader - Mostly in that order...Wink

Posts: 682 | Location: Western Montana | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wishing him a total recovery. My prayers and thoughts are with him.

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I HAVE ENJOYED HIM IMMENSELY. TOOO MANY 'SALTS OF THE EARTH' ARE STRUGGLING THIS YEAR.

I had something similar at 33 and was as fit as I ever have been as a field biologist and forester. I kept getting secondary infections in my body from meds and fluids just sitting around.

I HOPE THE BEST AND WISH MY LORD TO HELP HIM.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Get well, Jeff -- no, really, get well, heal up

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38379 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Wonderful news. Hope it is clear sailing for Jeff and no setbacks -- and his hearing returns.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeff Quinn UPDATE:
Thursday, February 11, 2016, 16:10

Mr. Gunblast was paroled from the hospital at Noon today.
He is now home for the rest of his recovery and the grandkids are the best medicine for him.
I'm scooting around town picking up prescriptions and necessary items to get us back into the groove. He still has a couple of weeks of healing.
Thank you to each of you that took a moment of your time to support him over the past two weeks.
I firmly believe that our family, friends, aquaintances and people we've never met...of all faiths, prayed Jeff through this. I felt it. I KNOW IT! Prayer is amazing!
Continued prayers are still welcome and I know Jeff will post his own thoughts when his voice recovers and his stamina for being at the computer is stable.
With a warm embrace,
~Souette (Jeff's wife)

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Gotta love a happy ending.

– John Green, author

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I agree. Best wishes Jeff.Prayer does work.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just noticed this thread today. I am glad he has recovered. I had no idea that he was sick. Sounds like a narrow escape.

I don't know him but have been following his work for a while. He has enhanced my hunting/shooting life. I am glad he is still with us. Brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote