Notify
Tools

Anyone from Norway? Speak the language?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted
Hello gentlemen!

I know this really doesn't fit here, and I have posted same question on the European hunting and political sections. But, I thought someone here might be able to help.

I have a favor to ask. My family will be hosting a foreign exchange student from Norway next school year.
She and her whole family speak several languages, including French, English, Swedish, and of course, Norwegian.

I would like to at least be able to pronounce her name without sounding like a fool, and to make her feel as comfortable here as possible.

Her name Ida Tylleskaer
Fathers name is Thorkild Tylleskaer
Mothers name is Carren Tylleskaer

any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!
Joe

Lt. Robert J. Dole, 10th Mountain, Italy.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't worry. Just ask them the proper pronunciation. Most folks are flattered that you care. It's a good conversation starter.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by acsteele:
Hello gentlemen!

I know this really doesn't fit here, and I have posted same question on the European hunting and political sections. But, I thought someone here might be able to help.

I have a favor to ask. My family will be hosting a foreign exchange student from Norway next school year.
She and her whole family speak several languages, including French, English, Swedish, and of course, Norwegian.

I would like to at least be able to pronounce her name without sounding like a fool, and to make her feel as comfortable here as possible.

Her name Ida Tylleskaer
Fathers name is Thorkild Tylleskaer
Mothers name is Carren Tylleskaer

any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!
Joe

You may phone me. I live in Norway so the number is +47 38709262.

-------------------------------------
Hmmm, coffee is good. Too bad that without it my head goes bananas. I should quit but hmmm, coffee is good!
-------------------------------------

Posts: 66 | Location: Norway | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote