New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo Trace Wheated White Dog
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well, the Crono Virus has cleared out my local liquor store. Stopped in on Friday on my way home from work. All the Bourbons were gone. Some of the top self ryes were there, I put not my taste.

The high dollar scotch was left, but not a bottle under 100 plus was to be found.

The other guy in the county who drinks port must have beaten me because there were no parts other than cheap cooking grade.

The only thing left was Buffalo Trace Wheated White Dog.

White Dog is what Buffalo Trace calls the distilliant after it has been doubled distilled (all Bourbon is double distilled). This is at least 51 percent corn (it is higher) Wheat, and Barely. There is nothing else added like sugar, syrups, or coloring.

Buffalo Trace does not disclose mash bill percentages, but they only have one Wheat mash bill. This is the images stuff that when it comes out of new oak, number four char barrels turns into Weller and Pappy labels.

The proof is 114, same proof as the new Weller Full Proof which is he barrel proof new Weller label. I have not had Weller Full Proof.

Any how, the taste is strong, vanilla sweet with a spike alcohol back palate. The vanilla is almost artificial in taste and syrupy. It went will with fresh, stove and kettle popped pop corn. The nose I got was pour sweet and corn. It is not bad, but not great.

I have a friend whose wife loves to drink my cabinet. She is hard on it. This stuff is sold in half bottles for 15 bucks, so I am going to use it as a fire wall when they come over.

Posts: 10808 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
As I mentioned before that now might be a good time to call your broker + buy shares in any Whiskey stocks. The worse times get alcohol sales always increase. Sad but true.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote