New
Find
Notify
Tools

Larry McMurty
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
If you have to ask who he was, you may want to rethink your life.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interestingly enough, Larry McMurtry passed away as well. One of my favorite authors.

"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind..."
Hosea 8:7

Posts: 579 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 January 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
My favorite series of all time: Lonesome Dove. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hogfarmer:
Interestingly enough, Larry McMurtry passed away as well. One of my favorite authors.

Thank you brother too many c.

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Along with "Lonesome Dove" another of my favorites was "Horseman Pass By" made into the movie "Hud" starring Paul Newman. I met Larry briefly at the Waterloo Records store when his son James was doing a live performance for a record release. I was there with my friend Sharee + when she saw Larry we approached him to say hello + when she spoke, he screamed + went + locked himself in the owners office. He was an extreme introvert + did not like to be noticed in public.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When did he pass! I just read "The Streets of Laredo" again for about the 4th time. I loved his writing style and how he developed his Characters. Sorry to hear he passed

Posts: 513 | Location: NE Washington | Registered: 27 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
March 25, 2021.

I was very busy when I posted this.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another intersting anecdote. Larry was good freinds with Ken Kesey in the early 60s, + yes they did do acid together. Ken used Larry in part as a portion of his character Randle Patrick McMurphy in "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Im sorry , I'm amiss. RIP Larry + my most heartfelt condolences to his son James.