New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Fitzgerald 9 year!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I scored a bottle of Old Fitzgerald Bottled in Bond 9 year a good deal below mark up!

9 year, 100 proof, bottle in bond.

Mash bill is rumored at 70 percent Corn, 20 percent Wheat, and 10 barley.

The label was obtained by Pappy Van Winkle who made this label a wheated bourbon. The Old S-W distillery was sold to United Distillers who became Diago.

Diago sold the label to Heaven Hill. Heaven Hill’s distillery in Bardstown, Ky burned downed in 95. Heaven Hill bought and Bernheim Distillery in outside of Louisville.

Brenheim distills all of Heaven Hill’s labels: Henry McKena, Evan Williams, Old Frits, Larceny, Heaven Hill, and Parker’s Heritage.

Beams of Jim Beam family are the master distillers.

Next week, I will have a select group of friends to break into this bottle.

Posts: 10547 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Everyone should be pleased. I wish I could have a taste but after our last UPS W.L. Weller fiasco, I won't even go there. Enjoy, Amigo.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I swear I sent it. I think the delivery man got to drink your Weller.

Posts: 10547 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never doubter you for a bit. UPS is notorious out here for just dropping pkgs by the driveway. I had a real altercation with them several years ago about dropping off my neighbor's meds from the VA IN THE SAME FASHION. They don't care; enjoy your bourbon, my friend. In saying that it reminded me of a Churchill story. When Winnie was per her visiting FDR they were on a train when FDR asks Winton if he wants a glass of whiskey. O.K. of course, then when he takes a sip he says, "That's not whiskey, it's bourbon!" The train stopped at the next stop + Churchill loaded on a case of Scotch whiskey. Big Grin He was known to start his day with a bit of brandy before coffee.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Whether it's UPS or USPS, they're all crooks! thumbdown Damn, Randy, they all have it out for you! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I must confess that I have had a hard time with shipping + delivery. Shipping as you well know, + deliveries are haphazard at best. Crooks is right. I was going to send Cal Pappas a box of 32-20 ammo free as my S+W was stolen but UPS wanted $115.00 shipping. Not today.