New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's that time of year — "Pocketful of Miracles"
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a large segment of my DVD library that I can include in my Christmas season watch list, from "Die Hard" and "Will Penny" to "A Christmas Story" and "Pocketful of Miracles" (1960), starring Glenn Ford and Bette Davis. Miss Davis portrays a Broadway beggar, circa 1932. It's her walking stick about which I query. It has the appearance of a thin, wrong-colored Irish blackthorn root walking stick the length of a hiking staff. It's "wrong" color is a mottled honey blond. The stick is best viewed in the first 40 minutes, especially during her visit to the Marberry Hotel to get her daughter's letter from Spain.

What is the wood of her stick?

And if you can identify it, from what part of the tree or bush is it? I'd enjoy having one made for my hikes.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1496 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No help on the wood.

Will Penny was a great movie.

Posts: 9933 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yes, it was as well as most of Heston's movies (NOT planet of the apes though). As to your question, surely there is a Hollywood trivia site out there somewhere.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote