Find
Notify
Tools

April Fools Pranks
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted
I know it seems a bit childish, but I really enjoy playing elaborate pranks on my wife. I often stay up late, probably due to some level of insomnia. This year I thought I would capitalize on my restfullness and give my wife a good scare.
Earlier this week, I got out our fog machine from Halloween storage and conveniently placed it under our bed. For added effect, I also placed our portable fireplace/heater in the closet. At 12:00 a.m. this morning I discreetly fired up the portable heater and turned up the house thermostat. An hour later I used the units remote and turned the fog machine on. Its a smaller unit so it takes a while to build up effect. At approximately 1:15 enough smoke had built up so I went into the other room and held a lit candle under our fire alarm. Needless to say, the plan went perfectly. She awoke to a very warm, smokey room with a noticeable flame coming from the closet. I heard a frantic scream before made a heroic dash to the opposite bedroom to 'save' our children from the fiery onslaught. Somehow she didn't think that the whole ordeal was as funny as I did.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are lucky you are still able to tell the story!

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Can the wife access your guns?

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dulltool17:
Can the wife access your guns?

Or a fire extinguisher. Smiler

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
You are living dangerously. Some of these "practical" jokes can get you killed.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thecanadian
posted Hide Post
She hasn't killed me as of yet. However, I am currently sitting in my new bed, the couch.

"though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression."

---Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1085 | Location: Eau Claire, WI | Registered: 20 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cold Trigger Finger
posted Hide Post
My wife doesn't have to access my guns. She has her own instantly available to her. I don't play jokes like that on my wife !

Phil Shoemaker : "I went to a .30-06 on a fine old Mauser action. That worked successfully for a few years until a wounded, vindictive brown bear taught me that precise bullet placement is not always possible in thick alders, at spitting distances and when time is measured in split seconds. Lucky to come out of that lesson alive, I decided to look for a more suitable rifle."

Posts: 1934 | Location: Eastern Central Alaska | Registered: 15 July 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My guess is you ain't havin' any more kids, at least not anytime soon.

Posts: 9933 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As the old saying goes,'They control at least 50% of the money + 100% of the pussy.'

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I always like the one where you fill a big mailing envelope with shaving cream, put the open end under a door, then stomp on the envelope. Try that on your wife next time she's in the bathroom.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ya'll are mean to you wives. I know a guy at the supply house that brags about giving his wife 'the dutch oven'.After drinking Lone Star beer (that gives you the farts) he waits until she is asleep,the pulls the covers over her head.What a thing to brag about.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
A real man would do it while she was awake .....

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
a wise man wouldn't do it.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nopride2:
a wise man wouldn't do it.

Dave

Careful, in this day and age, could be construed as abuse. Wink

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats no shit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
An old man that I worked with years ago told a story of a practicle joke gone bad. I have since heard it from other sources so he might have been making it up. No matter,story tells it all.
semms there were these 2 fellows going out hunting on a near by ranchers property for free ( that was the day!)Anyway as they checked in at the house the Owner had one request of the fellow who came to the door. While you are out there,I have an old mule that is in his last days + I don't want to see him suffer but at the same time I don't have the heart to put him down. Would you please shoot him for me? The guy says sure + then the idea of a joke comes into his mind.So he tells his buddy that I feel lucky today;I'm gonna kill something. Hell I think that I will start with that old mule.So he shoots it + then says,Damn,that felt good,maybe I'll shoot you next.At which point his buddy shot + killed him.Message is there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My April Fools prank for this year was to pick up a dozen custard and jelly filled donuts to take down to the local watering hole. However I did stuff half of them with anchovy filets. Needless to say it was funny watching the expressions on the faces of the guys who got the anchovies.

Posts: 344 | Location: Reno, Nevada | Registered: 05 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now I like Anchovies,but not when you're not expecting it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have posted this prank before so please bear with.
When I was in high school during the mid-60's, we had an incredible US History teacher who made the world come alive. He drove a late 50's to early 60's VW bug. This particular bug had a space of about 6 inches between the body of the bug and the front bumper. One day said teacher parked in front of a concrete filled steel pole.
Even at that age I had a devious mind and so gathered about ten of my football team mates and we picked up the bug and set it down with the steel pole between the body and the bumper.
Needless to say there was considerable consternation about who could have performed such a heinous deed.
The teacher was at first muy PO'd, but soon realized the creativity of the prank and later was seen to be laughing about it.
The football team being of civic nature volunteered to lift the car and return it to service.
The teacher suspected who the perpetrators were but never made an issue of it. The coaches knew we did it and worked us to the point throwing up, but would still smile that coaches' smile if anyone ever mentioned practical jokes. I suppose that is one reason that I became certified as a history teacher as well as special education. Jerry Hoover

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Darn, I thought I was devious when I tied several long zip ties around the drive shaft of a "friend's" truck. Cost him a trip to a mehanic, kept my mouth shut. GW

The possibilities for disaster boggle the mind.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In 1980 I was doing a job in Dimebox Tx. The job super was a real jerk. On the last day I was there + ready to leave after setting the roof top A.C. units,I had the crane operator pick up the job shack + turn it 180 deg. so the only door was up against a brick wall.No windows either.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually it was not a prackible joke as much as it was justifiable retribution for someone who fxxked me over on a job a long way from home for his own interests;basically drawing 2 paychecks + not minding the store.Even per deum does'nt mean much when you're out in podunct,Tx.in a trailer because the super would rather put on right guard + go dancing in Houston than watch the job,while you are stuck waiting to go home. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall Monday morning when that bastard showed up hung over + found his job shack turned 180 to the wall.