Notify
Tools

Shout at the Devil
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted
Walter,

Have you seen the movie and realize you resemble Lee Marvin a little?

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
A great movie + an even better book by Wilbur Smith,who shameleslly robbed a good part of the plot(although he claimed otherwise)from P.J. Praetorius's book "Jungle Man".Still great entertainment.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
JUNGLE MAN was a great book.

No so SHOUT AT THE DEVIL.

Wilbur Smith sad some great books early on, then he went nuts.

The last one I read of his was ASSIGAI .

What a load of bloody rubbish!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66759 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
The " Sean Courtney " ones were the best....

Roger

Posts: 1031 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I agree with your points, brian

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I grew up reading Wilbur Smith. They got me interested in hunting but I don't think much of them now.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7964 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I read his 1st book "When The Lion Feeds" back in the 60's. It was very good + launched his career. I agree that his later stuff is unbelievable at best.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
His books did get me interested in Africa. Although I have read his newest books, I find myself rereading the old ones. The movie I referenced was poorly made and it may have been a bad attempt at a comedy. I don’t know.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3428 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote