Find
Notify
Tools

if your order doesn't get to you on time
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
it might just be caused by:
The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance’s (CVSA) 30th annual International Roadcheck will take place June 6-8, 2017. Over a 72-hour period, CVSA-certified commercial motor vehicle inspectors in jurisdictions throughout North America will conduct inspections of commercial motor vehicles and their drivers.

Each year, International Roadcheck places special emphasis on a category of violations. This year’s focus is cargo securement. While checking for compliance with safe cargo securement regulations is always part of roadside inspections, CVSA is highlighting cargo securement safety this year as a reminder of its importance to highway safety.

Inspectors will primarily be conducting the North American Standard Level I Inspection, which is the most thorough roadside inspection. It is a 37-step procedure that includes an examination of both driver operating requirements and vehicle mechanical fitness. Drivers are required to provide items such as their driver’s license, hours-of-service documentation, motor carrier registration and shipping documentation, and inspectors will be checking drivers for seat belt usage and the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. The vehicle inspection includes checking items such as the brake systems, cargo securement, coupling devices, driveline/driveshaft, exhaust systems, frames, fuel systems, lighting devices (required lamps), steering mechanisms, suspensions, tires, van and open-top trailer bodies, wheels, rims and hubs, windshield wipers, and emergency exits (on buses).

International Roadcheck is the largest targeted enforcement program on commercial motor vehicles in the world, with nearly 17 trucks or buses inspected, on average, every minute in Canada, the United States and Mexico during a 72-hour period. Since its inception, more than 1.5 million roadside inspections have been conducted during International Roadcheck campaigns.

International Roadcheck is a CVSA program with participation by the U.S. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators, Transport Canada, and the Secretariat of Communications and Transportation (Mexico).

many companies are refusing to ship their products during this time slot

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I assume this will not affect the USPS. I've had bad luck with UPS + Fed Ex as we are out in the country + they would just leave pkgs. on the ground at the gate.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If your ducks are lined up it's an extra thirty minutes.
On the other hand, some sites set up tents for those with scattered ducks...
If "Load Securement" is the focus it's bad news for flat beds.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9405 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
What is the failure rate?

Are rigs that fail hazards on the highways and bi-ways?

Are the same level of inspection done in all countries?

Can countries opt out of the inspections?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Big Rigs scare the the crap outa UBUR and Prius drivers!!

Posts: 17552 | Location: Eastern Washington | Registered: 23 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are the same level of inspection done in all countries?

They are trying hard to make the inspection and process standard for US Canadian and Mexican trucks.

In my former life I was an DOT MCSAP inspector and inspected thousands of Trucks and participated in the annual 72 hour truck check.

I used to know what the out of service rate is but I have been out of the business for 6 plus years.

I specialized in load securement you wouldn't believe what trucks drop on the highways I know of several people that here killed by falling loads.

Posts: 19314 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steel pipe is one of the worst there is.
I hauled several hundred loads of it.

Damned stuff always seemed like it was blood thirsty n after our asses.

Helped pull a friend out of his load of pipe after it had gone thru the cab and into a creek bank after a car he was meeting hit a bridge rail and took his steering axle out he went off the bridge head on into the bank.
Heavy headache rack went with it too.
What a fucking mess!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
When my son was in the Army in 2000,he came home on leave for Christmas. I bought him a stereo system. His car was full so we just shipped it to Ft. Lee. I insured it for $500.00 even though it only cost me about $400.00. Anyway when the pkg. arrived it looked like it had been run over by a truck.I figured no sweat,just get the insurance money.Oh NO.He needed a receipt.He had no receipt as it was a Christmas present. So I tackled it from my end.Seems that even if you do have a receipt "their people" will evaluate the value + pay on that only.So I asked the postmistress,so why did you let me insure it for $500.00 when you will only pay out $300.00? She said in that eternal lame excuse,Thats the way it is.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote