New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping Heavy Long-Barrel BPC Rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
After shipping over 200 Browning & Winchester BPCRs, I’ve gained a good bit of experience in packaging the rifles and dealing with the damage caused by shipping companies and the subsequent claim process. Those of you considering shipping a heavy BPC rifle may be interested in a couple of articles on the subject I just posted and updated at the following links:

http://www.texas-mac.com/Shipp...rrel_BPC_Rifles.html

http://www.texas-mac.com/Recei...e-Claim_Process.html

Wayne

NRA Life (Benefactor) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF (National Shooting Sports Foundation) Member, Author/Publisher of the Browning BPCR book.

Posts: 99 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always remove the butt stocks; it makes it much harder for UPS to bust them off. That also makes the box shorter and less indicative of a rifle. And I never use the word "Gun" on the box, even when it is going to "Bob's Gun Shop" People need to stop naming their businesses "gun" anything.

Posts: 17007 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
The secret to dealing with loss and damage is documentation..I delt with both quite a bit over the years, and receipts, documentation of any kind and a written explanation in detail seems to work everytime without any questions. Im thinking I write such a long drawn out report that the UPS investigators don't want to read all that and just pass on as good..If you can't explain something then baffle'um with BS so to speak... 2020

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41722 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take the stock off.

If you receive a damaged gun and the packing job is questionable, add more padding material to the pile. Most carriers ask for photos of boxes and packing and the employee doing the investigation just needs to cover her behind! Also, if the damage exceeds the insurance amount and the carrier wants to take the gun, refuse them by saying that the carrier doesn't have an FFL. I have had three complete losses shipped to me and I kept the guns and received full reimbursement from the shipper once the carrier paid them.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2133 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post