New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alex Henry 500BPE at 200yds
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For the first time in quite a while, I was able to get out to the range.
I decided to try my Alex Henry for the first time with some loads I had made up some time ago.
440gr cast bullet and 105grs 2f Old Eynesford, over powder card and lube cookie under the bullet.

I have to admit, that for some reason, I wasn't so thrilled with shooting this rifle as it just feels so petite in hand and just not as robust as my other BPE rifles. BOY, was that a mistake!
What a great shooting gun!!
Another 5grs of powder and I think the right and left will be pretty close at this range.

Click on the picture to see the film.
The gong is 16"W by 24"T. The first shot is just right and smacked it with the left.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know that I'm weird but I think the under levered hammered rifle, whether double or single barreled is the Zenith of rifle design. every thing that came after that is a step away from elegance and a step towards utilitarianism.

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1225 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Huvius, you have some of the best toys imaginable. I have to agree with Els than a Jones underlever is just about it.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome! I've always wanted to get a 577 BP, work up a good load, and hunt Cape Buffalo with it. Might even wear a pith helmet :-)

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post