New
Find
Notify
Tools

FFL License & Options
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I realize that the majority of you guys are not FFL holders. But I thought I’d provide a handy reference for those of you that may have questions now and then. I have a Type 1 FFL (by far the most common) and have been somewhat confused about the other types and options prior to putting the following chart together.

Wayne

NRA Life (Benefactor) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF (National Shooting Sports Foundation) Member, Author/Publisher of the Browning BPCR book.

Posts: 99 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Wayne. I currently hold a Type 3 Curio & Relic license, and had a Type 6 some years ago when I was swaging jacketed bullets on Corbin equipment. At one point, the BATF sent an agent from Portland to Medford, Oregon, to check on me -- nearly five hours of driving each way. She walked into the back room where I had my Corbin hand press, core cutter and jars of jackets stored and she says, "This is it? This is all of it?" I said "Yes ma'am. Do want to check my C&R bound book while you are here?"
She said no thank you and drove back to Portland.

Big Grin

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16269 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And an FFL used to be $2.00/yr. Big drop in crime,

Posts: 519 | Registered: 29 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the Black Powder forum?

Posts: 17006 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post