THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Black Powder Cartridge Rifles    As Requested, I have Setup Your New Forum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

As Requested, I have Setup Your New Forum
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Thanks to those who have suggested this.

Enjoy.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66667 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU Sir.
I'll be making this a regular stop on my morning journey through this fine forum.

Posts: 953 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed--A heartfelt thank you for adding this forum. Hopefully there will be those who step forward with their experiences with these rifles. The information on how to load and shoot them properly is out there, and there are several who are willing to share both stories and pictures.

I have a Cape Buffalo with a Sharps on my bucket list, and I have a cookie jar set aside to that end. When the nickels add up, I'll be there. Mean time, I have three safaris worth of plains game photos and a couple of DVDs of BPCR in RSA to share for those who may be interested.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, we're "in"!!! :-)

Posts: 20065 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a "regular" here on AR (some say too regular!), I knew a number of our members were also wrapped up in the mystical and frustrating game of shooting black powder cartridge rifles, like the Sharps and Rolling Block "Buffler" rifles of the great West. Boy, if you think you're God's Gift when it comes to reloading and accuracy development, just try your hand at this sport...casting bullets, paper patching, grease wads, powder types and grades (F thru FFFF), chamber leade, iron sights, etc. It is more art than science, but we have some VERY knowledgeable folks here (not me!) that are more than willing to help. Similar to making the jump from bolt to double rifles, BPCR opens up a whole new opportunity to "re-invent" rifle shooting.

Thanks Saeed for creating this discussion thread to explore this interest.

Biebs

Posts: 20065 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent, thanks, to Biebs for instigating, and Saeed for creating this forum.
clap
I have reached a point in life where this is fascinating, and want to get deep into it.
So far my only BPCR shooting has been with a 50-70 Govt., Sharps 1859 "McNelly Carbine" reproduction of the old percussion model converted to BPCR for the Texas Rangers in the 1870s.
That shooting was with AA5744 smokeless load and cast bullets I make.
Eventually I will get up the gumption to use BP as the propellant,
in a genuine Trapdoor Springfield, 1866 production, Second Allin Conversion from percussion to Trapdoor BPCR, 50-70 Govt.
Just like Buffalo Bill Cody killed so many buffalo with.
I have genuine antique and replica 45-70 Govt. Springfield Model 1873 Trapdoors to work with also,
and 45-70 Govt. replicas: Remington Rolling Block and Sharps Model 1874.
I have developed a soft spot in my heart (or head) for these BPCRs.
Wish me luck, and good luck to you all too.
I am sure I will learn a lot here. tu2

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saeed
You need to try one of these rifles. You might find a cape buffalo a little more sporting.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many Thanks to Saeed and Biebs, nice work Men.

JM

Posts: 789 | Registered: 18 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jerry mcdonald:
Many Thanks to Saeed and Biebs, nice work Men.

JM

+1 ! tu2

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am happy to see a forum for BPCR here on AR.
Having had a fair share of high powered magnum nitro rifles, I can attest to the pleasure of getting a classic BPE rifle shooting with genuine black and paper patched bullets.
They are much more effective than most people realize.

Posts: 3231 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
New member here and glad someone set up this site for bpcr shooters. LB

Posts: 26 | Registered: 20 May 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, welcome to AR. Best place to be, for sure :-)

one of us
posted Hide Post
I should have stopped here sooner to thank Saeed for this forum. Loading for and shooting the rifles and shotguns of the Victorian era is an art and a science unique among the shooting sports. It's great to have a new address from which to try to "channel the Old Dead Guys."
Again, thank you Saeed.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16269 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great job guys getting this forum up. Gives me an excuse to dust off & take some shots & pics of the Shiloh 45-110

Posts: 467 | Location: Driftless Area of Wisconsin | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We're waiting? :-)