New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pan Lubing BPCR Bullets My Way
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The subject article was recently published in The Single Shot Exchange Magazine. For those that are interested and do not have a subscription, click on the following link below.
http://www.texas-mac.com/Pan_L..._Bullets_My_Way.html

Wayne

NRA Life (Benefactor) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF (National Shooting Sports Foundation) Member, Author/Publisher of the Browning BPCR book.

Posts: 99 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A guy on another forum suggested using the insert from a MTM 100 round box and a Silicon baking dish. The silicon releases the lube without the use of any foil. Sounds like an improvement to my technique.

Wayne

NRA Life (Benefactor) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF (National Shooting Sports Foundation) Member, Author/Publisher of the Browning BPCR book.

Posts: 99 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wayne, saw your article. Where I screwed up last time I tried this was failing to pre-warm the bullets so the lube would adhere.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16269 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I swannie! Never thought I could learn so much about something I thought was so KISS Principle.
Thanks for the article, TexasMac.
tu2
Rip ...

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always placed the loaded tray in the fridge after the lube cooled. Then pushed them out nose first with a gloved hand. I've done 10,000 this way the past 29 years and never knew it to be a problem. Just used a double broiler and tin cake pan.

Posts: 2744 | Registered: 10 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post