THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Black Powder Cartridge Rifles    Tactical BPCR updated to modern standards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tactical BPCR updated to modern standards
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Tactical BPCR black rifle

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
lol

Now THAT is just too damn funny!
Would love to build a muzzle loader that looks like an AR or 50BMG!

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As the kids today would text...WTF ???

Posts: 20082 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Biebs , some day soon Col Brant will come back.This tactical thing is just right !! BOOM

Posts: 7636 | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, that is one of those Werndl-Holub rifles that built The House of Steyr, eh?
The Rolling Block that rolls sideways?
Updated from the M1867 to M????

WIKI-google;

"The M1867 Werndl-Holub was a single-shot breechloading rifle adopted by the Austro-Hungarian army in 1867. It replaced the breechloader-conversion Wanzl rifle. The rifle was designed and patented by Josef Werndl (1831-1889) and Karel Holub (1830-1903); Werndl later bought out all the rights.

It was produced by OEWG (Österreichische Waffenfabriksgesellschaft), and chambered for the 11mm scharfe Patrone M.67 [1] (11.15x42R) cartridge. In 1877 they were rechambered for the bottleneck 11mm scharfe Patrone M.77 (11.15x58mmR) cartridge.

In spite of being long obsolete at the time, Werndl rifles were issued to rear-echelon units of the Austro-Hungarian forces during World War I to free up more modern rifles for use by front-line troops.[1]"

Wowzer! And I thought I was being creative with merely planning to load a 500A2 Ruger No.1 with 140 grains of FFg and a 777-grain CAST LEAD bullet!

You win. clap

What is your load?

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about this:

40-65 Winchester Sharps 1874 using .408-caliber bullets, same as the .408 Chey-Tac,
400-grainers, but cast lead bullets,
supersonic.

I am afraid I will be tempted to use a monometal copper 300-grain .408 bullet with it too: Battlefield domination with a Sharps!

I might go a 60-round match with that and not get too fatigued. Wink

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is your load?

According to the original poster - a Czech,
the rifle is listed on an auction site and he ripped off the photos for grins.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...ildren-fireball.html

Please no stupidity like these guys !!! Mad

Posts: 7636 | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I worry about some of you these days...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
I worry about some of you these days...

I was waiting for you to tell us that you originated the concept.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
and the "Granola State*" chimes in...

Rich

* Land of Fruits, Flakes, and Nuts

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post