THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Black Powder Cartridge Rifles    ALERT, ALERT, Scam artist selling Browning BPCR on ArmsList
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ALERT, ALERT, Scam artist selling Browning BPCR on ArmsList
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey guys,

Beware!!! There is an ArmsList listing (http://www.armslist.com/posts/4222253/lima-ohio-rifles-for-sale--browning-1885-bpcr-45-70-30--falling-block-rifle) for a Browning .45-70 BPCR that is clearly a scam. The rifle is listed for $900.00. I know for a fact the listing is not legitimate since I tend to track the Browning BPCR sold by various sites. The photo/photos were stolen from a valid GunBroker listing (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=475223987) that sold 3 weeks ago. And the scam artist is using the same serial number when one inquires about the rifle. I alerted ArmsList (flagged the listing as a scam) but they don't seem to care.

BTW, for those of you that may be unaware, ArmsList, which essentially has no process to screen sellers, is notorious for scam listing. Unless you know the seller or have some way to verify the listing the only method I would use to purchase a rifle from an ArmsList listing is to use an escrow service.

Caveat emptor,
Wayne

NRA Life (Benefactor) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF (National Shooting Sports Foundation) Member, Author/Publisher of the Browning BPCR book.

Posts: 99 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with "caution needed" when dealing with listings in Armslist. I allowed myself to be scammed there, inspite of my gut feelings before sending the money.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post