THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Black Powder Cartridge Rifles    A little off topic, but long-range sights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A little off topic, but long-range sights
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just a thought. If any BPCR shooters here are looking for good, affordable long-range sights, consider buying the Red River sights from Buffalo Arms.
These sights are made by machinists in Ukraine; buying them helps support a freedom-seeking economy under siege by craven bullies.

http://www.buffaloarms.com/red..._sights_pr-4073.aspx

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16292 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Red River sights, are, in my opinion, the best sights available. Both elevation and windage have REPEATABLE adjustments that adjust on the principle of a micrometer, thus allowing changes of .001 of an inch. This is the Borchardt system, and far superior to the old leade screw arrangement of other sights. They also have a gib that allows fore and aft slack to be taken out of the sight staff, and are fitted with a really good Hadley eyepiece.

I run these sights on all my target rifles, and have for years. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Posts: 807 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 03 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sharpsguy, your endorsement of these sights means a great deal. Thanks.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16292 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post