New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Rollers out there?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sharpshooter 1 Have you ever prospected for gold or silver in your state ?
I have read a lot about panning for gold digging it out and dry panning for nuggets Idaho seems like a good place to look for precious metals . Concho

Don't take the chip !

Posts: 578 | Location: PA | Registered: 21 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Years ago I had a 45-120/550 3 1/4" that I let go. All I have now is a #5(?) in 8mm Lebel.

Posts: 148 | Location: back in the USA | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Remington roller from Sweden just as Bill described above. I had Ron Snover convert another one like it to a BPCR rifle in 40-65. I restocked it in good walnut and it made a fine gun. The unconverted one is for sale.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2133 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Swede 8x58R

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Posts: 20072 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Craigster, you have a nice one there. It's that modified and strengthened action that I used for my .50-70 build. The parts are so crisp and clean they are a testament to Scandinavian craftsmanship. I have had two or three of these converted to 8X58, and somewhat regret that I didn't keep one in that caliber and shoot it.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16287 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I also have a #5 1897 saddle ring in 7x57 with a full length rifle barrel and an all original 1867/96 Danish. Rolling Blocks are a lot of fun.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post