THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Black Powder Cartridge Rifles    who knows what case one can use to make cases for 58Carbine Berdan carbine?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

who knows what case one can use to make cases for 58Carbine Berdan carbine?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Berdan carbine/20ga cape gun that I have used as a black powder shotgun, but can't find a case with a proper case rim to load the black powder rifle barrel so I can hunt hogs with it. Some of you wild/caters may know what I need to form those cases.
.................................................HELP!!!!!! MacD37 old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you can use 24 gauge brass shotgun cases

Magtech makes them

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smokin Joe:
I think you can use 24 gauge brass shotgun cases

Magtech makes them

Thanks a lot Smokin Joe! I will try to get some of that brass! That makes perfect sense to me but I've had this cape gun for several years, and have only used it for hunting doves with black powder shot shells, and that other barrel is 20 ga as well. If that works for the rifle side, I will use the same brass cases for the shotgun side as well.
...........................Thanks sir! tu2
oldMacD37

DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smokin Joe:
Not 20 gauge

24 gauge

https://www.rebelgunworks.com....-24-gauge-2-1-2-25pk

....................Got it ! Hand typing before before the old mind thinks about what it is typing! Big Grin
....................................... oldMacD37

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

one of us
posted Hide Post
DELETE

DRSS Charter member

Hands of Old Elmer Keith