This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5031007002/m/5171083502

31 October 2014, 18:37
Norway_Moose_hunter
.41 Swiss and a Vetterli rifle.
Hello all.

Yes, got my first BPCR now Smiler
Great.
Did take it to the range last day, not bad at all, and so much fun.

The rifle is not original,sadly, has been shortened. Last owner told me some guns where sold to the US and there shortened for hunting use.

But, all in all I like the gun. All matching numbers, even the stock, front and rear.

Any information on these guns, caliber for hunting?
Loading?
What bullets to use?
The cartridges I got with the gun is all I have.
So, any information, tip is welcome.

Have a good weekend all.

Have a good day.
31 October 2014, 20:10
Bill/Oregon
Moose Hunter: Go to Swissrifles.com. Lots of information there and there is a link to a forum that is very useful. I am assuming yours has been converted to centerfire. These are fascinating rifles!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author
31 October 2014, 21:10
Norway_Moose_hunter
Thanks for the tip.
Yes, it has been converted to centerfire.

Have a good day.
04 December 2014, 19:00
Bill/Oregon
Norway, you planted a seed. My Vetterli will be here next week. I will be forming brass from 8mm Lebel, and will likely use the Lee .430 310-grain bullet mold. Overall cartridge length must be 2.20 inches on the nose.
http://theswissriflesdotcommes...rd.yuku.com/forums/4

– John Green, author
06 December 2014, 08:42
Allan DeGroot
MY neighbor has one, still in Rim fire form.

I'd happily form him CF brass from Lebel brass but though I have 60odd rounds of 8mm Lebel it is sadly Berdan primed, so it would still be single use ammo.

Frankly I'd be thrilled to find 40or so rounds of black powder rimfire ammo so he could fir it, mabey even kill a deer with it, before returning it to being what it is, a "Two Nail gun"

You Know drive two nails in the wall to hang it from where it can gather dust for decades...

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984
06 December 2014, 18:43
Bill/Oregon
Allan, from what gather, the remaining rimfire ammo out there is very expensive and mostly defective. There is an incredibly simple conversion to centerfire that involves drilling a hole in the bolt head just large enough to admit an RCBS decapping pin. Grafs imports Boxer primed Lebel brass from PRVI in Serbia.

– John Green, author