THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Black Powder Cartridge Rifles    The Bench Source Annealer is a pleasure to use
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Bench Source Annealer is a pleasure to use
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just finished annealing 120 cases. Total time from setup to storing the unit away afterwards was less than 15 minutes with only one torch. With two torches the time would be reduced to around 10 minutes, but I see no reason for two. I’ve used the unit for 7 years and annealed over 8,000 cases so far.

Wayne

NRA Life (Benefactor) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF (National Shooting Sports Foundation) Member, Author/Publisher of the Browning BPCR book.

Posts: 99 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTW, I anneal after each match hence the reason I've annealed over 8,000 cases.

Wayne

NRA Life (Benefactor) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF (National Shooting Sports Foundation) Member, Author/Publisher of the Browning BPCR book.

Posts: 99 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
man.
if you do stuff like the 223 case with 2 torches it will give you a workout keeping up with it.
iirc I I'm dropping a case every 3.5-3.7 seconds or so.
keeping the wheel full and the catcher emptied will give you some anxious moments.

Posts: 4962 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTW, although I love the Bench Source annealer, if I were buying one now I'd go with the Annealeez Gen 2 unit. In my article on annealers I commented, "The simplicity of the design and price is appealing and this is the unit I would purchase now if I did not already own the Vertex Bench-Source annealer."

http://www.texas-mac.com/Annea...BPCR_Case_Necks.html

Wayne