New
Find
Notify
Tools

Estes energitics buys Goex
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good news! tu2

Posts: 18517 | Registered: 04 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
The new owners of GOEX are good friends of mine and they are wonderful people. I'm glad it all worked out the way it did.

John in Oregon

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
John, good to hear a fellow Oregonian has an inside connection to the new Goex ownership.
I read that Estes will have the powder back on the market next year, leading me to hope they are takign the time to make needed production and safety improvements to the Minden plant. This can only make the resurrected Goex even better.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Estes used to have a factory just down the road from here but I don't know if it is still in operation. They took all the fun out of model rockets. I used to like to make my own propellant. They probably have saved countless fingers,hands and eyes though.
C.G.B.

Posts: 1090 | Registered: 25 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Far as I know Estes is still going strong at
Penrose CO, 20 +- miles west of here. Not too long ago I saw one of their trucks driving thru Pueblo.

John what do you know about them? I haven't been up that way in quite a few years.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post