New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lone Star Rifle RB value ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm considering selling my Lone Star Rifle RB but I have no idea of the value .
I got this for hunting here in NY so it's in 45-70 .Not fancy, a 28" octagon barrel, simple Patridge sights, nice but fairly plain stock.It's taken a few deer and premium factory ammo gets at least 1" so I stopped there.Sweet catridge ,300 gr premiums will do fine for deer. .Though 9 lbs the heavy octagon barrel puts the weight well forward so a bipod is suggested .
Not shooting as much these days getting old and worn out ,still fighting Lyme.I have my 1885 Browning so I thought someone might get more use of the RB. It needs a good home ! Frowner

Posts: 7636 | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mete: I can identify with "getting old and worn out" but not the Lyme. Sorry to hear you are fighting this thing.
Wish I could help you on the value of your Lone Star RB. I would think the value would have risen some after Dave Higginbotham's untimely death. He built a fine rifle.
You might wander over to the Sharps forum to see if you can get an e-mail or PM to Mike Venturino. He posts there as MLV.
Bill

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16292 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
METE
I think there is another Higginbotham rifle for sale at the ASSRA.

You might check out this 50-90

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, a 50/90 too. Nice piece, for sure.

Posts: 20074 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are typically selling for $2,000 to $3,000 for rifles as you describe. Ken the rolling block guy in Nevada has/had one like that for sale on the ASSRA page except in .50-70 that I believe he is/was asking $2,400 for.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3810 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you come up with a price, I am interested. PM me.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A little off topic but Dave was a good friend and would spot for me at Raton for the Nationals for many years. I am a Ballard guy but he forgave me. He and Katha were two of the most honest and sincere people my wife and I know. I miss him. He was an original. You have a really superbly crafted rifle if his name is on it an, yes, MLV shot one of his rifles at matches for years.

Dutch

Posts: 2747 | Registered: 10 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
And nobody wants it ??
My hunting days are almost over and it needs a home.

Posts: 7636 | Registered: 10 October 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post