Find
Notify
Tools

Article on .40-65 Win. Die Sets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello all,

I just posted a short article titled, All .40-65 Winchester Die Sets Are Not Equal. If you’re considering a new or used rifle in the caliber you may be interested in the subject matter. It was published in the recent January edition of The Single Shot Exchange Magazine. If you’re not a subscriber, the article can be accessed it at http://www.texas-mac.com/All_4...s_are_not_Equal.html

Wayne

NRA Life (Benefactor) Member, TSRA Life Member, NSSF (National Shooting Sports Foundation) Member, Author/Publisher of the Browning BPCR book.

Posts: 99 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good info. My Lyman set came with my Sharps rifle and has worked perfectly for me.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Lyman set is all I have ever used on my Browning BPCR with Hoch nose-pour 405 gr in .409 diameter. Worked like a champ when I was fairly new to reloading. Glad I stumbled on the right set of dies to start off.

Posts: 309 | Location: NE Texas | Registered: 12 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had Ron Long build my Winchester and Ballard 40-65 rifles. He had his own chamber and own dies distributed by RCBS. You can not utilize Winchester brass in the RL chamber. It is too thick and will not chamber.

Posts: 2747 | Registered: 10 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Read it over on the BPCR forum, great information. I load for three C. Sharps .40-65 rifles with the tight chamber. Fortunately, I have two sets of RCBS dies.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3811 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post