New
Find
Notify
Tools

What a guy!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A while back, IIRC, Ken featured a pix of a model 50, I think it was, with green buckeye burl scales. I only have one other blade with buckeye burl and so I contacted him and asked him to do one for me with the green buckeye burl.

After I received the knife I inquired in regards to the "Dorado" label versus the model 50 label. He indicated that he'd named that model the "Dorado" as the heel of the handle reminded him of the head of a Dorado fish.

Ya', I can see that.

Anyway, like all Ken's stuff this one is mighty fine in its execution and has a sharp toothy edge.

It was a stormy wet afternoon yesterday, so in conjunction with a Remember Goliad Doppelbock, the knife made short work on the silver-skin of this beef tenderloin, not to mention the meat slicing capabilities. One batch of jerky coming right up.

Anywho, a couple more pix of the whole enchilada.......

and what a guy,

I had mentioned to Ken, that with knives this sharp, I usually nick myself sooner or later.

not only did Ken send me a band-aid, but included another for sensitive just in case I might be delicate.

Yup, give a little more than what's expected and you'll always have biz.

Thanx Ken

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful knife!! Thanks for sharing!!
John

Posts: 126 | Location: Right here, for now! | Registered: 03 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMHO, Ken Honeycutt is the real deal. What's the old saying, if life hands you a lemon, make lemonade. Ken has done just that and has overcome some major obstacles. His sheath work is amazing and his blades speak for themselves. I now have five of his knives and will definitely be on the look-out for something else I can't live without.

I mentioned to him today that I had posted this, and gave him the web address. Hopefully he will start posting here.

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2

posted Hide Post
Thanks gents! Geedubya you are 2 kind sir and great pics as always! Your photos tend to make me hungry and thirsty.

Posts: 5 | Location: MS | Registered: 29 May 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR, Ken. Not as active as Blade Forums or 24hr Campfire knives section, but have several makers that post here as well as other knife "nuts".
I'm sure the guys will enjoy seeing your creations as much as I do.

Best,

GWB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That green buckeye burl is about the prettiest handle material I have ever seen.

posted Hide Post
Wish I had a truck load of it! Thanks GW.

Posts: 5 | Location: MS | Registered: 29 May 2016Reply With Quote