New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gene Ingram Knife
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Got my first Ingram knife about 3 weeks ago and have had a chance to use it in the field. The edge held very well and the balance of the knife was excellent. This first knife is (appropriately enough) a #1. I have found the handle and blade to 'flow' together well and the knife was very adept at skinning. I think the D-2 steel that is used in this blade is very good in terms of corrosion resistance, I left it overninght before getting a chance to thoroughly clean it and no stains whatsoever on the blade form blood or crud.

I'll be owning more of Genes stuff, the fit, finish and quality (including sheath) are just plain excellent.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of AMP
posted Hide Post
I have two Ingrams, a Short Cut with appaloosa bone and a #6 drop point with cammel bone. His knives are first class. I dropped my #6 point down when cleaning it in the sink after feild dressing two deer. Long story short, the point broke off. Not much of it, only the very edge. I tried to sharpen it out with no success. I really need to send it back to Mr.Ingram. Here are the pictures Gene sent to me when the knives were done.

Posts: 7 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 December 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jindydiver
posted Hide Post
Both great looking knives.

Picture of AMP
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir. They not only look good, they perform very well. The #6 still shaved hair after feild dressing 2 deer. I noticed his prices went up a little bit. They're still a bargain though, IMO.

Posts: 7 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AMP, I agree, Gene's knives are a great value. Anytime you can get the quality you want in a design you like it has a lot of inherent value. I'm looking forward to 2 other knives I ordered from Gene, and am hoping to start a couple of customs with him! I can't see your pictures at this time, maybe the AR site will bring them up later. If I can I'll try and post a photo of my first knife.

Take care--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote