THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    This IS the Big Bore column,so I thought you guys may want to see a Big Bore Knife!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This IS the Big Bore column,so I thought you guys may want to see a Big Bore Knife!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted
Well,I tend to get carried away sometimes bewildered,this is my latest Custom I had made for my next Bear Hunt "Meet My Lil Friend"...GRIZZ! 18" and 3 pounds of StagNSteel shocker..Just in case my Lil 600 Fails me animal

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
ARRRRR!!!!

That be a short sword.

Its a beauty!

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Umm, Safarikid,
I hate to mention it, but what took a big bite out of the top-front of your blade? If steel-eating termites, what is going to stop a grizz from doing the same thing? Big Grin

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prof242:
Umm, Safarikid,
I hate to mention it, but what took a big bite out of the top-front of your blade? If steel-eating termites, what is going to stop a grizz from doing the same thing? Big Grin
Thats a Confederate Style Bowie...I like that loong clip point(sharpened)so IF/when I have to penetrate Mr.Grizz when he catchs up with me shocker,it will slide in his hide so much smoother thumb

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
CSA Bowie minus the D guard.

I like the clip design.

I like coffin handles better but that is a matter of style but I think the tapered handle alows a better grip and helps keep the knike in hand.

I have a big knife on order and cant wait to post pics wave

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You going to hire some local kid to carry that critter for you??? I imagine it will get heavy enough to have you walking in circles. Its a neat looking knife but I can't imagine carrying a knife over a couple inches in blade length. YOu only use the tip for 99% of the time anyway.

Posts: 671 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thebear_78:
You going to hire some local kid to carry that critter for you??? I imagine it will get heavy enough to have you walking in circles. Its a neat looking knife but I can't imagine carrying a knife over a couple inches in blade length. YOu only use the tip for 99% of the time anyway.
Yes,I have a "Knifebearer" lined up for the next hunt animal jumping

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
hope you never have to use it!

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38452 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Letter Opener . . .

Very nice indeed! I have a few large, fixed blades. No call for them, but then I really have no call for an "elephant gun" either, and it's not slowed me down.

Posts: 1005 | Location: A Little Bit Left of Karl Marx | Registered: 16 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That popcorn stag is well... Popping! nice. I like how the hollow grind does not come to halfway the height of the blade. The depth of the clip point is striking also.

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What kind of steel is it, 1095 or a stainless flavor?

Posts: 986 | Location: Columbia, SC | Registered: 22 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sheath is really nice too! I can't begin to count the times I've seen a nice knife and been disappointed that the sheath didn't keep up with the work on the blade.

Posts: 1005 | Location: A Little Bit Left of Karl Marx | Registered: 16 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys thumbI copied a Confederate Bowie Replica I have(for sale$200) and did some improvements and changes,like no D Guard,Stainless and Gnarly Stag! He's doing another Bowie for me now,10"X3"X1/4" Rugged looking Blade,aptly named"Kodiak" clap...here is the story,step by step how we did this one,rather interesting! Big Grin

http://www.cartercrafts.com/grizz.htm

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
That is a great background on the knife...thanks for sharing.

One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted Hide Post
Good argument for not meddle with you jejeje.

Greetings,

Oscar.

I am Spanish

My forum:www.armaslargasdecaza.com

Posts: 1131 | Location: Spain (Madrid) | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So is that knife intended for a 1 stab use?

Posts: 973 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gohip2000:
So is that knife intended for a 1 stab use?

Cheeze n' baloney sandwiches . . . big ones. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why not hide a 45 cal blank in the handle to launch the entire blade?

"Here, Mr. Beary, eat THIS first..."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that's a knife!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great looking knife and interesting fabrication.

Now, with that thing on your belt, how do you sit down without a self inflected atomic wedgie?

Atomic Wedgie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedgie

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Us "Yoopers" have a saying that fits that knife:

"HOLY WAH!!!"

Mike

Si vis pacem... parabellum

Posts: 236 | Location: MI's beautiful UP | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote