Find
Notify
Tools

Wild Steer knife for archers?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
Has anyone heard of the Wild Steer knife, seen or used one? There is an article in a French gun magazine with a picture and a description saying that it is specially designed with bow hunters in mind; broad point extraction accessory, etc.

There is a web site:

http://www.wildsteer.com/gb/archers.php

Check out the demonstration video on the web site. But I would like to know if this knife is making any reputation with the bow hunters (and I am not a bow hunter, just interested in the usefulness of this knife).

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In 2004 I shot an arrow through a buck and buried it up to the insert in a tree behind him. I unscrewed the arrow and brought it and the deer home, the Muzzy is still there... As for blades I carry the same field dressing knife whether I am hunting with a bow, pistol, rifle, or muzzleloader.

One of Us
Picture of Versifier
posted Hide Post
Looks like a fancy separator to me. Designed to separate idiots from their money. Might even work for that. As to its intended use... jumping

..And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings.
-Lewis Carroll

Posts: 224 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Is it really that bad? What would be a good choice then?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In a world where a lot of knives look the same, I think it's interesting. I wouldn't buy one, because I'm a believer in cheap knives now. The point is interesting, very strong. I always carry a cheap multi tool for pulling arrows etc. Nice to see someone sat down and actually came up with something a little different.

the chef

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
what a crock of... Roll Eyes

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8344 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how they hunt in France, but nobody in our bow hunting club spends much time shooting trees. Could be they are into a different type of bow hunting...squirrels?

Harry
"Some days the sun doesn't shine and the sky ain't blue" that is what the second barrel is for

DRSS
http://www.twinxblades.com/

Posts: 62 | Location: SE Georgia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of wildsteer
posted Hide Post
Hi Wink,

If you want to have users opinions, you can read it on the french forums Archasse or Webarcherie. I suppose you speak french because you live in Rambouillet.
So on this post, someone asks the same question as you. read here

You can also read here

Best regards

Posts: 1 | Location: St Etienne (France) | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote