THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM KNIVES AND KNIFE MAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Knives and Knife Making    Help with identification please...anyone?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with identification please...anyone?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Allout
posted
Just wondering if any of you could help me identify this particular knife. Here is what I know about it.
The 5.5" blade is sharp but does not seem recently sharpened. Open total length is 9.5". Closed length is 6.5". The action works great, meaning that when you press the button, you can open it if closed, or close it if opened. It locks open or closed tightly. The handle is made of antler I presume. The button and moving hardware are brass. There are no markings anywhere.

Any info on this knife would be greatly appreciated. Just looking for country of origin or possible maker. Thanks for any and all help.
Brian

"If you can't go all out, don't go..."

Posts: 745 | Location: NE Oklahoma | Registered: 05 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolute guess, but I'd say it's of German origin.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 on german (although admittedly a guess on my part as well.) neat design!

Thanks very much,
Robert (13.45)
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 83 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 21 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Brian, when I was a highschool kid, back in the early fifties, the hock shops used to sell these things, and another switchblade that had only the completely covered blade when closed.Thses were very popular with the Mexican kids in El Paso, Texas. The two were made in Italy, and were generally called Italian stelletos. They sold for the princely sum of $9 for the one pictured here, and $7 for the switch blade. They both could be bought with the Bone handles like your's, or with buffalo horn grips, with no difference in price!

Hope that helps! thumb

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote