New
Find
Notify
Tools

FUBAB
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have the pleasure from time to time conversing with a fellow from Oklahoma who happens to make knives when he ain't killin' coyotes and other vermin. Ricky Bob Menefee is his handle.
We were talkin' the other nite. He may have had a beverage or two and he didn't like the way one of his knives was shaping up. He said it was FUBAR. I said what the hey, do what you can to save it and send it my way. I've over a dozen of his blades and not one is a slacker.

Well, I got it in yesterday. I'm calling it the FUBAB, (Friggin Unbelievably Bad Azz Blade).

I am making jerky to take with me to the lease this weekend. Got a couple Oregon guys coming up and wanted to show them some Texas hospitality.

I don't usually like big knives, but this one is amazing.

I do believe a fellow could break open a few briskets with this one.

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Now, THAT'S a knife! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Holy mackerels GW

thats SWEET

"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain
TANSTAAFL

www.savannagems.com A unique way to own a piece of Africa.

DSC Life
NRA Life

Posts: 3386 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 05 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome blade for the kitchen. Reminds me a bit of my 6" Wusthof "sandwhich knife" but much more substantial and useful. I've often wondered about approaching someone like Rick, Gene Ingram, or David Winston about making me a full set of kitchen knives. It would be costly but they sure would be nice.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would love to have a knife like that. I catch a fair number of redfish, and it takes a pretty good knife to butcher them. That one looks like it would be up to the task!

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SquirrelNut:
I've often wondered about approaching someone like Rick, Gene Ingram, or David Winston about making me a full set of kitchen knives.

Over the last year or so I've become acquainted with a fellow I call VinceM out of New York. He does not grind blades, but rather "handles" them.

He has "handled two complete sets for me and a few others as well as the mood strikes and my pocketbook will allow.

He posts on Blade Forums and 24hrcampfire and has his own website.

Scales are African Blackwood, Maple, Stag and carbon fiber.

http://www.vcmcustomknives.com/

You might inquire of Vince. Tell him I said hello.

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote