https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5021043/m/9331078032

03 April 2017, 00:25
Geedubya
A few Randall's

ya!

GWB
04 April 2017, 01:58
Zephyr
My one and only, a gift when I turned 50.
Used it on my Ele Tail

04 April 2017, 04:29
SFRanger7GP
I love Randall's. I carried a #14 in the military; I gave it to a friend at DSC this year. Still have a couple.
04 April 2017, 10:51
Beretta682E
Love the randall collection in the opening thread

I am picking up a number 2 in a few months.

http://www.randallknives.com/k...2-fighting-stiletto/

I should buy more of them as they in town. Maybe I will order a Number 1 or Number 14 and get it in 5 years.

Great knives but they have collector value so I feel bad using them.

Mike
04 April 2017, 19:59
Gatogordo
Mike:

You can get them for no extra or a very small surcharge instantly or, if you have some special requests, in a few months, not the 5 years if you order directly from Randall.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.
04 April 2017, 22:44
Beretta682E
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Mike:

You can get them for no extra or a very small surcharge instantly or, if you have some special requests, in a few months, not the 5 years if you order directly from Randall.

Thanks Gato - I may buy a number 1.

Mike
05 April 2017, 00:46
Grenadier
On the left a Model 22 Outdoorsman. This is my favorite knife. It has seen a lot of use at just about everything from cutting rope to skinning deer to shaving "lighter knots" for tinder. The case looks decent because it spent more time in a rucksack or daypack then on a belt. The knife looks good because it went back to Randall a while back to repair a chip and for resharpening. I really like this knife. It has a 4-5/8" stainless blade.

In the center is a Model 14 CDT (cut down tang). It has a 7-1/2" stainless blade. I haven't used this knife for anything, well maybe cutting a cord here or there. But I wish I had taken it to Portugal on my last trip. It would have come in handy delivering a coup to a downed stag.

The knife on the right is not mine. It belongs to a USAF pilot who asked me to hold it for him until he finishes a 3-year tour in the UK. He was forbidden from taking it with him because it's considered illegal there. It is a special Air Force survival design that is a merging of the Model 15 Airman and 16 Diver. It has a stainless 5-1/2" blade with an upper saw cutting edge.

05 April 2017, 02:12
Jmbrown
Might as well get them a little bloody.

05 April 2017, 03:58
Geedubya

yup!

GWB
06 April 2017, 01:30
Ray B
when hunting I generally have my Model 5 5", stag handle. Photo somewhere on the web.
06 April 2017, 15:39
lost okie
I have always had a soft spot for Randalls; they work.
02 May 2017, 18:21
Buglemintoday
These are very nice knives! Orders are 5 years out on their website...must be very popular

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"
02 May 2017, 20:22
Bill/Oregon
Saw my first one in ROTC in 1971. I have been impressed ever since. The Randall literature of that time was loaded with testimonials from our guys on the ground in Viet Nam. Sobering reading!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author
02 May 2017, 22:42
Gatogordo
quote:
Originally posted by Buglemintoday:
These are very nice knives! Orders are 5 years out on their website...must be very popular

Buy today or get custom order less than a year.

https://www.clintonknives.com/...-randall-made-knives

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.
02 May 2017, 22:47
Gatogordo
BTW, Randalls are decent knives and they are living on their reputation, but, for what they are, they are overpriced. Of course, if I was selling something with a 5 year waiting list, prices would reflect the demand.

xxxxxxxxxx