New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for info on 2 knives I have
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The first is a German bayonet with a with a 15&5/8" blade.
The company labeled on the blade is: Weyersberg Kirschbaum&Co Solinggen.
The serial# or model# is ground off of it, but the sheath has F 8295 stamped on it.

The second is a machete with: Disston US 1945 stamped on the blade. I know its US military issue made in 1945, but I'm just interested in any history of this or the other knife anyone could give me.

Posts: 973 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
The first is a German bayonet with a with a 15&5/8" blade.
The company labeled on the blade is: Weyersberg Kirschbaum&Co Solinggen.
The serial# or model# is ground off of it, but the sheath has F 8295 stamped on it.

Click the link and find where to send an email:

http://www.wkc-sports.com/history.html

Try to send pics, it might get you some additional information as well

The second is a machete with: Disston US 1945 stamped on the blade. I know its US military issue made in 1945, but I'm just interested in any history of this or the other knife anyone could give me.

Probably the M1942 machete with 18" blade, made by Henry Disston & Sons, toolmakers in Philadelphia. Sorry can't be more help than that, these were cranked out by the thousands, if not hundred thousands.

Hopefully it is not mint, so you can use it for its intended purpose guilt free! I think this machete is one of the best in the world when it comes to actually using them.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7756 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yep, the machette is definately one that could be used without guilt. part of the handle is broken and the blade is in good shape, but far from perfect.

Posts: 973 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With Quote